SIX: DEVIL WEARS LIP SMACKER LIP GLOSS

-FRIENDS IN AUTUMN-
CHAPTER SIX: DEVIL WEARS LIP SMACKER LIP GLOSS

"Joyce." I say with no hint of amusement or happiness in my tone. She looks different from last time. Her dirty blonde hair was straightened and she was now trying to rock blue dip dyed ends. Key word trying.

I know when I was around Joyce's age, eleven, I had just started wearing make up which meant experiments, which also meant trial and error.

I thought I looked so good with blue eye shadow and obviously it was a mistake. Joyce hates to be 'basic'. So instead of blue eye shadow, it is mint green. I could also see a bit of yellow.

She still wore her signature cotton candy lip smacker lip gloss.

The flavor of Satan

"How old are you now, nine?" I ask smirking. "Still don't have a boyfriend?" Joyce fires back.

"Still failing to get a boyfriend?" Cody tugged on my arm and whispered in my ear. "Dude she's like eleven." Cody has never met Joyce. I'd only start babysitting her whenever she use to visit on summers when I was eleven and she was like five.

Even then I'd never introduced the two. During summer Cody always went to his grandmas place in San Francisco so he always had the blessing of not meeting her.

Joyce is an evil little girl. I guess it's all my fault. Ever since the first summer she came over she was such a small, innocent, sweet little girl. Then I turned on the TV, at that time I was eleven so obviously Drake and Josh was my favorite TV show.

Joyce instantly loved it. Megan especially, she admired at how smart the little girl on TV was. Of course I didn't take it seriously but Joyce became more evil year after year.

I now fear her. And I hate Lip Smacker because of her! Granted I stopped liking that brand of lip gloss when I was like twelve but nonetheless I hate it.

"She's evil." He scoffed. Cody would never know. Like I mentioned before Joyce was failing at trying to get a boyfriend. And she's smart, so Joyce is only nice to either adults that have authority, good looking boys, her friends, or strangers... I think she's only ever evil towards me and Caroline.

Well no that's not entirely true. She does evil things all the time but blames them on other people, mostly her brother, since such a "sweet" little girl would never do that.

Kevin, her brother, is the exact opposite of Joyce. He's sweet smart and quiet. That poor Kevin. "Oh hello. Who are you?" She flips her hair, focusing on Cody. "Hi I'm Cody!" He bent down a bit and smile at her. "You're her boyfriend?" He chuckles. "No were just friends."

"Excellent." She smiles. That fake smile of hers I just wanna punch this girl in the face. "I'm her boyfriend!" Chris says out of no where putting his arm around me.

"What?"
"Huh?"
"Yeah right." Joyce, and I ask while Cody scoffs. "You are dating her. You like..." she gestured towards my whole body. "that?" She asks shocked. This lil bi-

"What's not to love?" He smiles. "We are not dating each other." Joyce scoffs. "That I believe." I bit my lip and clenched my fist. Calm down Dakota calm down.

"Oh, I didn't see you. Hi! I'm Joyce and you are?" Matt smiles at her. "I'm Matt, Carolines boyfriend."

"H-he's not my b-boyfriend." This would be a very cute moment if Joyce wasn't here. "Obviously." She mutters. "You two are still the same. I just love how you guys accept the fact that you might be alone for the rest of your  lives." She smiles again then walks away.