Chapter EightpointFive

Start from the beginning

"You need my help in trying to get your mate..." he trailed, looking at me straight in the eyes.

"How..?"

"Your aura... Your dominant aura is slowly dwindling. I was once an Alpha. I've only seen that in Alphas and Betas who have lost their mates or those who were dying out of rejection. Arabella is still around so I assumed your problem was the latter," his keen eyes scrutinized me.

"Yes. My wolf has told me I only have two more weeks left. I thought that Alphas were granted with a month or so. Weren't you granted with three months?"

"Your mate is a very special one. That is the reason why your wolf is itching to mate with her. There is a reason for everything, son. There must be a big reason as to why the Spirits have only granted you a limited amount of time to mate,” he gave me a pat on the shoulder and sat himself down.

“Whatever the hell this reason is, I don’t care. I need to make her fall for me first. I don’t want to be like those other sick Alphas. I’m not going to take advantage of my own mate!” I growled out loud, clenching my fists.

He looked down in shame. I knew I hit him real hard with that one. After all, I was just an accident. I was the product of a rape. Most Alphas who are born with Alpha blood are products of their mates fighting for survival.

Every Alpha is granted only a certain amount of time, after meeting their other half to mate. Mating was not an option; it’s a requirement. If not, the wolf will slowly die. Within the last couple of days, the wolf will go on survival mode. It will go crazy, lusting for its mate. That’s something I’d rather avoid.

“I will help you,” he whispered lowly. “But you need to take this seriously.”

“I’ll do whatever it is that you want,” I pleaded with my eyes.

“For one, you need to get a hold of your wolf. He can’t always be surfacing and snapping at her. Be nice and romantic. I’m pretty sure all women love that,” he shrugged as if it was nothing.

I had never been romantic in my whole life. “What? That’s all? But… How do I become more romantic?”

“Little things, my son. Flowers here and there. Whatever comes to mind, do it,” with a brief nod, he stood up and left.

“Such a great help,” I whispered sarcastically before deciding to phone Beatrice again.

“Yes, sir?” Her sweet motherly voice filled my ears.

“If your mate ever makes you angry… What does he usually do to make it up to you?” I fiddled with the phone cord as I focused on nothing in particular.

“Well… I don’t know, really. A simple apology and flowers would do. Sometimes he even takes me out on a date. As long as it’s sincere, it okay with me. Why ask, sir? I don’t mean to sound nosy…” curiosity killed the cat as I liked to put it.

“Nothing. You can go back to work,” I cleared my throat, meaning it is back to business mode. “Thank you for your insight.”

“No problem, sir. Would you like for me to do anything?” I thought about it for a moment or two. Then suddenly, a brilliant idea hit me.

“Yes, please send Arabella up to my office as soon as she is done with her daily chores.”

“Will do, sir. Goodbye.”

“Bye,” I smiled triumphantly. I will make it up to her.

By the end of this week, she would be claimed by me. She will be mine. My life wouldn’t have to end and I wouldn’t have to let my wolf take over. It’s plain and simple.

--------------------------------END OF CHAPTER EIGHT POINT FIVE------------------------------------

Currently working on Jake's chapter. (:

You got to read about the other side of Rylan.... What do you think? 

SORRY FOR THE SPACING! It's uploaded from my phone.