Chapter 1

][ Kats POV ][

This is it. Today's my 18th birthday, also known as the day I find out who my soul mate is.

I sat up in bed and rolled up my sleeve to check the tattoo that should be on my wrist.

Initials: OS
Gender: Male
Hair Color: Brown
Age: 21
Area: Near you
Hints: In a band, has sleeve tattoos

This will be interesting

"Mom!" I called. "Come look at this!"

I heard her foot steps come down the hall and enter my room.

"Let me see!" She smiled.

I held it out and showed it to her.

"Oh! They're in a band. I wonder if it's one you know or if it's one that's not really famous." She wondered aloud.

"I don't know." I shrugged.

"I've got to go get ready for work. Come down for breakfast." She told me before leaving.

I got up and went to my closet. Cringing as I saw a ton of pink, I reluctantly grabbed a frilly dress and put it on. I slipped on a pair of flats and quickly brushed my hair, styling it so my bangs were unnoticeable.

I went downstairs and saw my parents sitting at the table.

"You look gorgeous, dear. Here, have some food. Your father and I must leave for work. Have a good day, honey, I love you." Mom rushed around.

"I love you too. And you, Dad." I smiled at him.

"Love you darling. We must leave." He told me before they both exited the room, calling out a 'bye' as they left the house.

I sighed in relief as I heard their car drive away. I threw away the food Mom gave me and went upstairs.

I threw off the clothes and shoes, changing into a Nirvana muscle tee and black skinny jeans, along with my black converses that I hid in the back of my closet.

I went to the mirror and combed my bangs into my normal scene hairstyle and added some eyeliner to my bottom lids.

After putting in my septum piercing, I grabbed my phone and backpack before leaving for school.

I shoved in my earbuds and blasted my favorite band, Bring Me the Horizon.

As Follow You played, I walked into school.

I sighed and put away my headphones and put my phone on silent to avoid it going off in class.

When I turned the corner, I saw the people I least wanted to see.

"Hey, look who it is! Kat the loser." Really? You couldn't come up with a better insult?

"Leave me alone." I muttered.

"What was that?" Collin asked.

"Leave me alone." I said again, barely louder.

"Why should we?" Bryan raised an eyebrow.

"Do you really want to put an innocent person through what you do to me?" I blurted out.

"What do you mean?" Collin asked, genuinely confused.

"We all know that whatever kind of physical pain you go through, you're mate goes through too." I stated.

"You got your tattoo?" Mandy stared me down.

"It's not like you care." I spat.

"You know what? You're right. We don't care. You still deserve it." Collin shrugged before punching me in the gut.

I whimpered as I fell to the floor in pain.

"Fuck you!" I yelled. The sound echoed through the empty hallway and I heard footsteps approach me.

"What did you just say?" Mandy stood above me.

I bit my tongue so I didn't scream at her.

"That's what I thought." She said before giving me a swift kick to the stomach.

She repeated her movements a few times before they left me to make sure they didn't get in trouble again for being late.

I really hope OS is okay. I guess that's what I'll call him until I know who it is.

I decided I didn't want to deal with anyone, so I forced myself to stand up and go outside to the tree I sit at when I skip class.

I pulled out my phone and plugged in my headphones. I started the music and stared at my tattoo.

I wonder who it is. It says that they're in a band. Would I know them?

What band members have the first name that starts with an O? I can think of a few... Which ones have the last name S?

Only one. Oliver Sykes. He has brown hair, he's 21, he has sleeve tattoos....

Well, it's probably not him. I'm sure it's someone I don't know.

My phone started ringing, signaling I was getting a phone call.

"Hello?"

"Yes, Kat Cooper?"

"Speaking."

"I'm sorry to say that your parents have been in an unfortunate accident. You are on their emergency contact list. We need you to come to the hospital."

I hung up and grabbed my bag before running all the way there.

"Amanda Cooper and-"

"Kat?" A voice behind me called.

I turned around and there was a nurse approaching me.

"Yeah. Are you the one from the phone?" I breathed out.

"Yes. Follow me." I immediately trailed behind her.

"So, at your fathers work, there was a robbery. In all of the commotion, he had been shot. Now, we all know that physical pain is transmitted through soul mates, so your mother also collapsed. They both arrived at the hospital around the same time. The only problem was, your fathers heart started failing. Another thing we know, is that if your mate dies, so do you. Right now, your father is in surgery and there's nothing we can do for your mother, other than give her meds. We're doing all we can."

Before I even had a chance to respond, a man in green came out of a sealed off room.

"There's nothing we could do. He didn't get here in time." He told the nurse beside me. "They're gone."

She turned to me with a sympathetic look. "I'm sorry for your losses."

My world just seemed to collapse.

Tears blurred my vision as I ran down the hall and out of the building, all the way home.

What do I do with my life? I have no other family whatsoever. I'm completely alone.

Until I find my mate.

Hey guys!
I really hope you like this book.
I'd love to get some feedback on what you think.

ALSO, I need female characters to be any of the other guys soul mates. These are the following things I'll need.
-Name
-Hair Color
-Eye Color
-Height (doesn't have to be exact or anything)
-Clothing Style
-Additional things (anything else you think should be known for this character such as piercings, glasses, personality, disorders, etc.)

Comment the answered for who's mate you want to be.

Jordan Fish

Matt Kean (Vegan)

Matthew Nicholls

Lee Malia

Austin Carlisle

Alan Ashby

Aaron Pauly

Valentino Arteaga

Shayley Bourget

Please comment because I really need these characters. Thank you!