Caroline gasped,"When I get out of this hospital, we are having a girl's night. I'm making you watch all the great movies."

   "Okay, Care," Eira laughed.

    "I have to go now. I'm supposed to be at the memorial for Tyler's dad," Eira explained.

   "Okay, promise you'll come back?" Caroline demanded.

   "I promise," Eira said and she walked out of the hospital room.

    Stefan was waiting for her. "Where's Elena?" Eira asked.

   "She had to go pick up Jenna and Jeremy," Stefan explained and they walked out of the hospital together.

    Stefan grabbed her again and vamp sped them to the Lockwood Mansion. Tyler was greeting people at the door as they walked into the mansion.

   Stefan greeted Tyler and then walked inside but Eira stayed. She grabbed Tyler's hand,"I'm sorry about your Dad."

    "I think you're the first person that actually means it," Tyler stated.

   "Why would people not mean it?" Eira questioned. "Don't people care about other people's lives?"

   "Not most," Tyler answered.

   Eira let go of Tyler's hand. "Take care of yourself, Tyler."

    Eira walked into the Lockwood Mansion and walked around, saying small greetings to people as she passed.

    ________

    Elena spotted Damon as she walked onto the Lockwood's porch. She wanted to check on him.

   "Hey, how are you?" Elena asked.

   "Great, Elena. Walking on sunshine. Thanks for asking," Damon replied sarcastically.

   "We should be able to talk about this. Damon, we're close enough now. I really want to know how you are doing," Elena stated.

   "I kissed you; I thought you kissed me back. Doppelgänger hijinks ensued. How do you think I'm doing?" Damon explained.

   "I think that you're hurt," Elena replied.

   "No, I don't get hurt, Elena," Damon lied.

   "No, you don't admit that you get hurt. You get angry and cover it up and then you do something stupid," Elena stated.

   "You're scared," Damon pointed out. "You think Katherine is gonna send me off the deep end, don't you? I don't need her for that."

   Damon walked passed Elena and was going to leave but he turned around and said,"You know, why - why is it such a surprise that I would kiss you?"

   Elena turned around and replied honestly,"That's not a surprise. I'm surprised that I don't know if I would kiss you back."

   Damon's eyes widened that there was a chance Elena would kiss him back. That he just might finally get the girl who didn't prefer Stefan.

     _________

   Stefan and Katherine were walking around the grounds of the Lockwood's. They were talking and Stefan was trying to find out Katherine's motives.

    "Don't flirt with me, Katherine. I'm not Damon. I haven't spent a 145 years obsessed with you," Stefan said.

   "Yeah," Katherine walked passed Stefan. "Based on your choice of women, I'd say otherwise. Although, I'll admit it does bother me that you're falling in love with someone else."