Chapter Eight

Hey guys! I told you I'd be regular, so here I am! The last chapter was so sad to write and to be completely honest I don't know yet whether I'm going to let Percy live or not. Let's see what happens!

ALL RIGHTS GO TO RICK RIORDAN, CREATOR OF PERCY JACKSON!

Enjoy!

Piper-

Jason's warm hand was pressed against the small of my back as we watched the horizon together. We'd been sailing the past few days, trying to make Percy feel better. I didn't think it was working.

Sparks suddenly shot up from the front of the ship where Leo stood. He was still figuring out what else his Archimedes sphere could do. He's never going to come to an end - that sphere could do everything.

"Whoops! Sorry, I'm making sparks again. Just too hot for this earth plane, I guess." Leo called over as me and Jason walked towards him.

"So, exactly how many things have you found out about so far?" Jason asked him as we reached him.

"Around fifty seven so far. But if I can just-" and Leo yanked some sort of spanner up and the sphere creaked and turned. Suddenly, masses of confetti shot up around us all and showered down, getting caught in my hair.

"There." Leo turned to us as the confetti slowly came to a stop, like a weird fountain. "Fifty eight."

"Um... and how is that useful in saving our lives?" I asked him.

He looked at me like it was obvious. "Well, a) we can have awesome parties, b) we might run into some party Gods that would just love us if we showed them it, and c) I would fill it was something dangerous like celestial bronze arrow-points that could dagger a monster."

"Oh. Right." I said, starting to pick the confetti out of my hair.

"Here." Jason started to help me. The stuff was completely tangled in my thick hair. I looked up and caught his eye, his beautiful blue eyes. They locked on me and his fingers slowed as they ran gently through my hair. Then he pushed my hair behind my ears and his eyes flicked down to my lips.

I felt my cheeks warm as I leaned towards him, reaching up to trace the lines of his cheek bones. He caught his breath as my lips brushed against his, soft as a butterfly's wings.

"GUYS!" Nico shouted from up on the mast.

We broke apart, flushing, wondering what the hell Nico could possibly want.

Then I saw it. A woman stood in front of us in an Iris Message. She looked exactly like Percy, and my breath caught in my chest.

"Mrs Jackson..." I whispered guiltily. We hadn't thought to tell her about Annabeth, and she'd been really close to her. Annabeth had told me about the times she and her had gone out shopping to distract eachother from the deep hole Percy had left in their lives.

"Are you the Demigods with Percy?" She said urgently.

"Uh... Yeah." Jason answered.

"It's Percy. He just Iris Messaged me. You have to go and see him now. I think he's gonna kill himself." Her voice tremored as she told us.

"What?" I exclaimed.

"GO! Now!" She ordered us.

Her shout brought me out of my daze and I ran to the stairs.

My legs were too slow as I ran down the stairs, and when I reached the bottom I jumped to save time. Everything was happening in slow motion.

Percy.

I felt Jason behind me as he caught up, and we both reached for Percy's door knob at the same time.

We almost fell over ourselves as we pushed the door open.

And there, lying in a pool of thick, shockingly red blood, was someone who had once been Percy.

What was in his place was a boy with black hair with a grey streak running through it. A boy with skin so pale it was almost translucent, a boy whose eyes told a story of too many quests, too many deaths and far too much responsibility.

In Percy's place was a boy whose eyes were slowly closing as his breath hitched around the sword protruding from his chest.

In Percy's place was a dead boy.

Sorry to drag it out guys, but I still don't know what I'm doing D: I can't kill him!

As always, remember to leave a comment on how I can improve, and maybe give me a vote if you really like it? Thanks for reading, and look out for the next update!