Chapter Four

Oh my Gods, guys, I've randomly gotten loads of reads! Yay! PLease please please leave a comment and tell me if you liked it? Or maybe some advice on how I could improve? But oh my Gods Thanks so much! :D

ALL RIGHTS GO TO RICK RIORDAN, HE OWNS ALL CHARACTERS AND EVERYTHING ELSE TO DO WITH THE PJO/HOO SERIES.

Enjoy!

Annabeth-

Seriously? I'd always imagined my death being a bit more noble than this. Jason wrapped his arms around me and flew me up to the rest of the crew, who had now clmbed down from the Argo II, while I tried to stop crying. Tartarus has seriously messed me up. Where's the Annabeth I always knew? I almost started crying again as I thought about dying in a weak, pathetic not-at-all-me way. I wanted to go down fighting, and instead I was being air-lifted to my doom while crying. Ugh.

As Jason went back down to check Percy was okay, I was enveloped in hugs from Piper, Hazel and Frank.

"Hey, guys." I greeted them miserably.

"Are you alright, Annabeth?" Hazel asked, "You look kind of disappointed to be out of Tartarus."

Crap. If they got suspicious they wouldn't leave me alone to get through the doors. "Well, we still have to fight off the Roman Demigods. Although," I added, "We should probably try not to fight."

Frank and Hazel agreed fervently. I heard Jason behind me and Piper walked over to Percy to ask if he was okay.

"Um... Annabeth what's up with Perce?" Frank asked worriedly.

"What do you mean?" I spun round to look. He was almost grey, and was rapidly turning green as he shoved away from Piper and Jason.

I hopped over just in time for Percy to throw up. I rubbed his back soothingly. Gods, how hard had he hit his head? I couldn't just leave him to fight the Romans... What if I had to take another blade for him? The memory filled me with dread; if this fight was anywhere near as bad as the Battle of Manhattan, I couldn't just leave him...

Percy stood up shakily and wiped his mouth. "Sorry." He whispered unsteadily.

"Ugh." I replied, then smirked. Maybe the old Annabeth was still in me, somewhere.

Together, we walked - well, I hopped -  over to where the others had congregated in a circle. I squeezed between Jason and Leo, and took in all the worried faces surrounding me.

"What?" Percy asked bluntly.

"We were just... Talking about who's going to close the doors." Jason said worriedly.

Uh oh. I can't tell them otherwise Percy'll never let me go through with it. I needed to change the topic before someone volunteered themselves before I could.

And that's when we all heard the stomping of running feet and the clang of metal armour.

The others were all geered up with armour and they drew their swords. Percy ran over to me and uncapped Riptide.

"Guys! Keep an eye out for Annabeth; she's not in the best condition to fight."

"It may not even come to a fight, Percy." Frank piped up worriedly, hopeful.

"Frank, dude, they're running."

There wasn't time to come up with a plan, so we all just stayed where we were, in a sort of circle. How many of them were there?

Suddenly, they all broke through, roaring at us. I spotted Octavian and Reyna at the front. Reyna looked hesitant, and didn't cheer with the others. Maybe we had a shot.