Betrayal

Today was Monday and we went back to school of course. I was walking on the sidewalk alone. Today Soda had something special planned. I loved when he did that for me. As i was thinking about that Steve interrupted.

"Hey Daisy." he greeted me with playful voice.

"Oh hello Steve!" I said kinda of to excited.

"Well someone put extra sugar in your cereal today." He grinned at me.

"Nah its just Soda, speaking of girlfriend boyfriend stuff how is it between you and Evie?" I asked.

"We have our on's and off's, savvy?" He groaned

I nodded. I guess you could say Evie and I were okay friends. When Sandy was actually dating Soda me and her got along pretty well. I've always had this deep feeling that they both didn't like me that much though.

We were now in the school and my thoughts were interrupted by the bell.

"Hey i'll see you later in 4th period!" Steve said waving to me.

"K cya!" I smiled.

I was grabbing stuff from my locker and shoving them in my book bag. I slammed shut my locker and there was Evie standing behind it.

"Oh Glory! Ou scared me!" I smiled.

"Shut your trap already!" She shot at me.

At first i was confused. Was she talking to me? I looked behind me to see if anyone was there but Evie spoke up.

"Don't play stupid! I'm talking to you." She spat.

"Did i do something?" I asked confused.

"I don't want you to talk to Steve anymore!" Evie demanded.

"Excuse me?" I said.

"You heard me you slut."

I stood there in shock. W-why was she saying all these cruel things to me.

"You know that little friend act i put on? That was only an act and so was Sandy's so don't think you have friends!" She said every word like shooting bullets into me.

"You can't tell me what i can do and what i can't!" I shot back.

"Haha you think i give a crap? If you talk to him i'm sure there will be screw ups in your friendship." She turned around and sashayed off.

I was bursting with anger. What the hell was that anyway. Why was she acting like this all of a sudden. I walked into my first period class angry and frustrated.

It was 3rd period and this is the class that i sit next to him in. I remember her saying if i talk to him there will be screw ups in our friendship. What does she mean by that? It doesn't matter anyway she can't see if i am or not.

"Hey Steve." I said sitting next to him.

"Hey Daze." He said ruffling with my hair.

"Ugh Steve! Do you know how long it took to do my hair!" I said imitating a girl who only cared for their hair.

He chuckled. I looked down thinking what would she do to our friendship? Steve was my best friend in the entire world and if something were to happen my heart would break.

"Whats wrong Daisy?" He asked me.

I shook my head. I would never in a million years be able to ruin our great friendship. The whole day i was torn inside. I wanted to tell Steve but it would only sound like i'm lying.