♗ | now

NOTE
in this story, chris is 29, and angelo is 16. so if you aren't alright with the age gap there, don't read this.

also yes, i am, in fact, using this song ^ as my inspiration. i decided to write this after watching Lolita, lmao.

anyway, i hope this is at least somewhat interesting.

..present day..

"Angelo," Maria tried to reason, pursing her lips. "Don't do this." She said. Her tone was soft, but there was most certainly a threat present, and Angelo didn't like it at all. His icy eyes narrowed, and he looked from Maria, to the opposite side of the wrecked classroom. Chris stood behind his desk, arms folded across his chest. He didn't seem at all fazed.. There was something else. Something Angelo couldn't quite put his finger on, but regardless.

"Don't tell me what to do.." Angelo whispered, his hood casting a shadow over his pale face, tears staining the porcelain look of his skin. Chris tilted his head back a bit, whiskey eyes locked on Angelo. "Tell me you aren't honestly considering her over me," Chris said, quirking an eyebrow. "You do understand she only wishes to use you, for her benefit right?" He asked, amusement hinting at his voice. Angelo just pursed his lips, Maria interjecting with, "And you don't?" She scoffed before turning back to Angelo. "He's lying! You must believe me."

"Shut up!" Angelo shouted, the lights flickering. He clenched his fists tightly. "Both of you, shut up! I'm tired of your bitching over me." He hissed. He unclenched his trembling fists, tangling his fingers in his long, inky, black hair. "I don't take orders from you," He said in a hushed tone, pointing a finger at Maria before turning back to Chris. "And as for you-" He began, his lower lip wobbling just a bit. It felt so.. wrong.. speaking to Chris like that. "You're a liar. And I don't like liars." He muttered. "Who else knew about you? What else have you lied to me about?" He snapped, bright blue eyes glassy. He felt broken. Tired.

Chris narrowed his eyes, placing his hands flat on his desk in front of him and leaning forward slightly, tilting his head ever so slowly. Angelo shuddered. "You," Chris said slowly. "Don't get to interrogate me. In fact, you've got no say in what I do or don't tell you. So I highly recommend you make the right choice, my dear. You don't scare me in the slightest," He said numbly. "I never lied to you. I simply left certain details out of my story. That didn't make it any less true," He said, glancing out the window.

The rain outside was almost loud enough to make the three of them forget the nearing sound of police sirens. After all, it was only expected that someone had called 911 at that point. Angelo's breath hitched. "I-.." He trailed off. He knew it would be better to apologize. right then and there, but he wasn't willing just yet. He knew it would only be an issue later on, but he had other things- more important things,- to deal with at the moment.

Angelo closed his eyes briefly, cracking his knuckles. "Maria.." He stated.

Chris blinked, shocked. Was Angelo- his Angelo,- honestly choosing that.. that bible thumping bitch over him? He shot a glare in the blonde woman's direction, pursing his lips. She was smirking at that point, and Chris wanted nothing more than to backhand her. If Angelo chose her, that would mean very bad news. Not for Maria, of course, but rather for Chris and anyone like him in any way.

"Tell your superiors that you failed them." Angelo said, and Chris couldn't help but grin at the words, mentally kicking himself for ever having doubted his Angelo. Before anyone could say anything else, Angelo turned toward the window. "Chris," He said softly. "I want to leave." He said simply, eyes slipping shut. Normally, he wasn't nearly as pushy or bitchy. But he had every reason to be today.

A familiar, devilish little smirk crept onto Chris's lips, and he slowly peeled the leather gloves he had been wearing from his hands, cracking his knuckles one by one, the sound making Maria scrunch her nose up. "A very good choice," He snickered, raising a hand in the direction of the window. "I'm glad you finally came to your senses, my dear. I was rather worried."

A/N:
okay so this might be a little bit confusing now but i promise that it'll make much more sense once the story actually gets going.

this is a bit of a new style, because i'm starting out with present day rather than past. the next chapters will be the events leading up to this.

once the story gets to this point, it'll continue from there. i've been wanting to try a format like this for awhile, so i hope it's interesting enough to start out!

xxh