23 ↠ What the hell was that about?

Start from the beginning

"What I'm gonna interrogate you next." Camila simply said, making Y/N widen her eyes at her statement.

It was the team captain's turn to laugh nervously as she asked, "Interrogate me about what?"

Camila narrowed her eyes at the taller girl as she crossed her arms while saying, "Oh, don't try to bluff me, Y/L/N," The Latina said suspiciously as she quickly added, "You can't lie about the fact that you've been hiding something from me."

Y/N's whole body tensed and she laughed, maybe a little too forced as it raised Camila's suspicions even more as she retorted with, "I'm not hiding anything from you, babe," Y/N tried to say cutely, hoping that she won't ruin the surprise as she quickly added, "I've just been planning something."

"Well, if it's not that important, tell me what you've been planning then." Camila deadpanned, her face so serious that the team captain was somewhat intimidated.

Y/N sighed defeatedly but she knew better than to give in so cupped Camila's cheeks and gave her a light peck on the lips as she said, "What's the point of planning it so well if I'm just gonna ruin the whole surprise?" Y/N chuckled out.

Camila groaned in defeat as her arms fall to her sides before she played with the hem of the team captain's sweater as it started to get chilly while she said, "I know, it's just that I have a love-hate relationship with surprises," Camila breathed out, making the taller girl laugh as her hands were still cupping the shorter girl's cheeks before she added, "It's like everyone knows but me; I feel like Sofi even knows!"

"Sofi's not a part of this, I promise you," Y/N reassured with a warm smile before she placed another chaste kiss on her forehead as she added, "I can't say the same thing about the girls and your parents, though." The team captain teased.

Camila gasped at Y/N's revelation, couldn't believe that her parents were a part of this before she playfully hit Y/N on the shoulder as she said, "You made my parents hide a secret from me?!"

The team captain laughed loudly at this, finding her angry expression extremely adorable as she said, "Not by choice!"

In all honesty, Camila wasn't mad because deep inside, she's just frustrated that she can't figure out what Y/N's been planning. She was also somewhat excited for the revelation considering Y/N and the gang could've done a lot in a week and that's what made Camila excited but frustrated at the same time.

Camila sighed in defeat before she walked closer towards the team captain and wrapped her arms her waist as she said, "There better be bananas with whatever you're planning," Camila mumbled against Y/N's shoulder, earning a chuckle from the taller girl as she said, "Is it anytime soon though?"

Y/N placed another kiss on the top of Camila's head as she rested the side of her face afterwards before saying, "It's definitely before November."

Camila pulled away slightly as her eyebrows furrowed in confusion as she asked, "But tomorrow's already Halloween which means November is in 2 days."

Y/N's lips formed a grin while she nodded in excitement as she said, "I know." The tall girl simply said, making Camila's curiosity increase even more.

Camila groaned once again before stomping her feet childishly, earning an amused response from the tall girl as she whined out, "See?? This is why I hate surprises!"

Before Y/N could reply though, she was dragged away by Shawn as he and their basketball team mates chanted 'Y/L/N' repetitively. Y/N turned her head around and gave Camila a sympathetic look as she mouthed, 'sorry' to the Latina.

Camila wasn't really affected by the action but was more amused by the entire thing. She laughed at the fact that because of the team captain's injury on her left shoulder, none of them dared to be on her left side as they were probably scared of making it worse.