An expected ending

Lisa POV

We'd been at the hostel for a few days luckily without awkwardly bumping into Alex, she seemed to be out most of the time with the friends she had travelled with.  I had tried to talk to Natalie about how coincidental it was to even see her but she seemed to shrug it off before returning back to whatever it was she was doing. Other than that, me, Nat, Hannah and Siobhan had spent most of time together, Siobhan was a really great girl who I'd love to keep in contact with when we returned home. The thought of returning home always made my stomach churn, I didn't even know if I could ever return home and live the mundane life I was living before. I missed my parents like crazy but everyone else who I loved were right here with me and when I returned I don't know how many times I would see Natalie or Hannah or if I'd ever see Siobhan again at all. I would happily take my car, my parents , my friends and my crazy girl and live this life every day. 

 "Lis? Lisa!?" the voice suddenly broke me out of my thoughts and back into the present, the happy life I was living for the time being. I blink a few times to arrange my thoughts and regain the use of my vocal chords. "You were right out then. What were you even thinking about?" the voice asks who I soon realise was Hannahs.
   I shake my head. "Nothing much."
   "You could have fooled me girl. Seriously you can tell me" she said.
    "Just how I never want this to end, it's so perfect. Almost everyone I love is here, it's the middle of winter at home and we're here by the beach. It's just I don't think I can return back home as if none of this has happened." I hold out my hands in a huff before dropping them back down along with my head.
   "You don't have to forget anything and you don't have to go back to living like you were before. You can make changes, find a job you love, study abroad for a year, hell I can even come with you. You think I'm happy at home? I love spending everyday with you guys." 
   "You mean you love spending everyday with that reception dude?" I grin.
    "That's definitely a perk" she smiles.
    "And what happens to Natalie? We lost each other once" I sigh.
    "You think she's gonna leave you again? That girl is in love with you, she'd follow you anywhere whilst buying a few cars and boats for you along the way" Hannah replies before standing up holding out her hand. I stare at it for a second before grabbing it. "Stop moping about, you're starting to make me depressed." She runs towards the sea pulling me behind her, I try to resist her but it's too late before she practically pushes me into the water.

                                                                  Natalie POV

I left Hannah and Siobhan with Lisa as I offered to grab some more provisions for our afternoon at the beach. We thankfully had avoided Alex for a few days or she had avoided us but I highly doubted that she would try to avoid us on purpose. I rummaged the shelves for the junk food the girls seemed to relish in eating, I decided to buy water instead of the beer Hannah wanted me to buy, they needed to keep hydrated. I shook my head wondering when I had suddenly become the mother hen type.
I threw on my bag and jumped back onto the bike that I had come to love so much. I made a note to buy one when we were back home. I had thought about home hardly at all since I had reunited with Lisa but I was unwillingly thinking about it more and more. I didn't know where home was anymore. I didn't think I could live back with dad or mum after the split, I didn't really want to live by myself either. I wanted to live with Lisa, I knew I wanted to spend the rest of my life with her.
The bike ride gave me time to think about this stuff as I pulled up to the beach. 

    "Hey hot stuff. Bikes are sexy, don't you agree?" It was the voice I really didn't want to hear.
   "Alex" I acknowledged coldly as I pulled off my helmet. Just as I thought we had avoided her.
    "Care to take me out on it?" she smirked.  I just shake my head making an annoyed sort of grunt before getting up off of the bike. "I take that as a no? This isn't much of a chase, maybe I should just go back to Lisa, she seems like she would be easier than you." 
   I could feel my face heating up with anger at what she had just said. Lisa had never seen this side of me before and I hoped she never would I wasn't proud of it. 
    "Care to say that again?" I said grudgingly forcing a smile.
    "I said Lisa would be easy compared to you" she replied annunciating each word knowing full well how it would affect me. "Where is she? Maybe I should head over there now, show her what a good time really is."
   I take a step forward towards her and I can tell I intimidate her as she stumbles slightly before stepping back and regaining her arrogant composure. "You fuck with her or me and god help you." I utter under my breath holding my composure. Usually in a situation like this I would be tearing her hair out by now, I keep my mind on Lisa as I hold my trembling hands beside me.
   "Would you like me to fuck with you?" she purrs. Suddenly she steps towards me taking me by surprise leaning towards me she forces her lips on mine. Stunned it takes me a few seconds before I push her away.

                                                                                  Lisa POV

I try to blink away the tears that are forming in my eyes as I stand there watching the scene in front of me. I watch as Alex pushes herself towards Natalie before I turn away from what I had just witnessed. All my thoughts were coming back. I should have never wondered what would happen when I went back home between me and Natalie because now it was confirmed I would be returning back alone to the mundane life I had feared.
   "Lis?" I hear Natalie call obviously unsure if it was me. "Lisa!" she shouts again. I didn't turn around but I carry on walking in any direction away from here. "Stop!" I continue hearing her shout before the shouting fades away.
   A lump forms in my throat before a break down on a deserted part of the beach. To be honest I always knew it would probably come to an end sooner or later, who says holiday romances ever last? She would have got bored of my poor lifestyle and moved on to run her own super club somewhere leaving me behind. I sit there concentrating on how the sand feels between my toes and blocking out any other emotion I was currently feeling.

                                                                                Natalie POV

Shit! I curse to myself as I replay Lisa walking away from the scene she had just seen between me and Alex. She hadn't even seen me push her away. What was she thinking? What must she be thinking about me? I needed to find her but I lost her when she ran to the opposite side of the beach. I found Hannah on the beach, I had to tell someone what happened.
   "Whats the matter with you?" Hannah chuckles stopping as she notices that I'm not smiling back.
    I take a seat next to her. "Alex kissed me."   
     "Oh..." 
    "Yeah 'oh' and Lisa saw. I didn't kiss her back she just forced herself on me but Lisa turned away before I pushed Alex back." 
    "Oh no, Natalie...where did Lisa go?" Hannah asks full of real concern. I shrug, Hannah suddenly throws her arm around me before I realise that I was crying. I never cry.
    "I can't lose her over this. It took me so long to find someone like her, I can't be by myself again" I cry. My usual sarcastic self was lost without her. 
   "Aww you will make it up. She is crazy about you. She's scared of losing you. Of going back home alone." 
    "I would never do that to her again. I'm going to find her" I suddenly jump up from Hannah's arms. 
    "Yes go and find her!' she grins.

                                                                                     Lisa POV

"Hey you" a voice that's all too familiar says from behind me. My heart jumps and aches at the same time, I didn't want to turn around in case she wasn't really there. "You do realise I'd never cheat on you?" I just sit in silence. "Alex made the move...I pushed her away. That girl is crazy. I almost ripped those cheap extensions off of her smug head, it took me everything not to." I  chuckle to myself, scarily I could imagine Natalie doing that very thing, and I wished that she would have. 
   "I know" I whisper barely audible enough for myself to hear.
  "You know you're everything to me."
   "Until you move back and leave me behind again" I mumble.
   "I can't be happy unless I'm with you."
   "So what am I supposed to do?" 
   "Nothing, I'll come and live with you and your parents if you want. I don't care." 
    "That's sweet but I don't know about you but sharing a house with my parents doesn't sound that fun. Does the handcuff incident remind of the privacy issues?" I chuckle.
    "Ok we'll move to Ibiza and I'll build a club and name it after you. Hannah can live with us with her hunky Australian receptionist" I hear her laugh. 
    "That would be an unexpected life" I smile. I feel her presence move beside me and sit down. I take a look at her sincere eyes. "As long as it's with you."

.......

[Authors note: Thank you for following the story of Lisa and Natalie. There is one more story to be told in 'unexpected endings' where you can find it 

https://www.wattpad.com/story/131413311-unexpected-endings

or search on my page. And if you've loved it why not leave a comment, leave a vote or share it around social media.

I appreciate it so much]