Fireworks and Jealousy

After what felt like an eternity of my mum and dad being rendered speechless they quickly mumbled an apology before leaving. Natalie quickly shuts the door making sure she shoved the do not disturb sign outside and making sure the door was locked. She turns around towards me looking even paler than I was currently feeling. She was rarely made silent but this occasion she was, it worried me slightly before she snapped her eyes on mine. After the initial embarrassment I had decided the only thing I could do was laugh at the situation. I decided I needed to make her speak up before she turned all catatonic on me.

   "So where were we?" I ask with a smirk on my lips. She doesn't initially move but eventually her body starts to twitch and I notice colour has returned back into her cheeks. "I always thought you lived on the edge?"

   "Yeah but I never intended on getting caught. And by your parents..." she shakes her head. "What must they think? I mean they find their daughter handcuffed to a bed..." she breaks off.

   "Don't worry about it, I'm sure they will eventually be fine." I say unsure whether it was true but I'm pretty sure they'll soon be laughing about it. "Please just forget about it." I want to get up and comfort her but she seemed unaware that I was still attached to the bed. "You can't just leave me waiting here" I say trying to sound as seductive as I can. I was hoping it would snap her out of her current state of self-hating. I watch her walk around to the other side of the room and pick up the whip that she had tried to conceal. Suddenly she turns towards me with a glint in her eyes and her lips curving up into a smile.

   "And with no disruptions this time" she grins.

   "Sure mum you can come around" I speak into my mobile with Natalie hugging me from behind. "Yeah we're fully dressed" I choke out in pure embarrassment. Suddenly I feel Natalie's lips on my neck. "Natalie's more than fine. Don't be sorry, I should be saying sorry...yes mum see you soon." I turn the phone off and turn to face Natalie. "I told you mum would be fine and I'm sure dad is fine too. She was more embarrassed than I was. She wanted to apologise to us too" I say. Natalie looks at me sceptically as if I was lying to make her feel better. She was overreacting over my parents reaction and whatever she thought they were going to say to her but I needed to reassure her. "I promise. They. Are. Fine" I say enunciating each word clearly to make sure she heard me. "And they're coming over in ten minutes" I quickly add sweetly kissing her on the lips and heading off to the bathroom leaving her open mouthed.

   "Ok it's all cool" I hear Natalie mumble to herself from the bedroom. Suddenly I hear knocking on the door and Natalie mumble to herself before I hear her unlock the door and open it.

   "Evening Natalie" I hear my dad say.

   "Mr and Mrs Parker" Natalie replies in a pleasant manner.

   "It's good to see you hunny" my mum says to Natalie just as I enter the room.  She has Natalie in a hug. They had actually become really good friends when Natalie had decided to invade my home life before Christmas. Suddenly everyone's eyes shift towards me as they hear me enter. My mum let go of Natalie and practically runs towards me giving me a huge hug. "Hey baby I've missed you." 

    "I've missed you too mum just let go of me, I can't breathe" I try to say before she eventually lets go of me. We spend a few minutes in silence which I honestly couldn't stand anymore so I cut in.

   "Did you want to come to a firework show?" I ask my parents. I can see Natalie peer at me from the corner of her eye. I had almost forgotten that Viola and Lauren would be there.

   "We would love to come" my mum smiles. She loved fireworks as much as I did when she used to take me to bonfire night at our local football club. My dad had worked nights so he was never able to come.