Two's company, three's...interesting

So it's been one hell of a journey so far and it was only going to get better. I glance up at the check-in board to see what time our flight was supposed to depart. We have spent the last couple of months travelling Canada and America and next on our list was Australia followed by New Zealand and Japan. America had definitely been a once in a lifetime experience and I had certainly had my fair share of new experiences there. Some were good and some were not so good, having your parents walk in on you handcuffed to a bed would be one experience I wanted to permanently erase from my mind. I glance back up to the boarding screen and notice that our flight would be boarding early.

   "Hey Nat the flight to Brisbane is boarding soon!" I chirped happily. I hated waiting in airports so the fact we would be actually getting on the plane soon made me excited.

   "Ugh really?" she moaned from the seat next to me. I glance down to see her head and arms between her legs. For someone who had travelled their entire lives flying I learnt wasn't one of Nat's favourite past times. "I'd much prefer to travel by my yacht or even the jet." She added. Her wealthy lifestyle was beyond me sometimes. It wasn't like we were flying in economy class or anything, only first class for your average millionaire and her girlfriend. I throw my arms around her hunched down form where she gradually sits up embracing the hug. "I hate flying" she mumbles over my back.

   "I know" I giggle. "I do remember the flight over to Canada."

   My mind drifts back to when we first started our journey. I hadn't realised how much Nat hated flying until we got onto the plane and her normally calm demeanour crumbled into a nervous wreck. She had started to shake uncontrollably and practically broke my hand in the process of taking off. I drift back into the present.

  "Remember I'm going to be sitting right next to you" I coo trying to calm her already worried state of mind. "I wonder how the hell you got to the UK without falling apart" I chuckle.

   "Easy" she says pulling back from our embrace. I look at her questionably. "I was thinking about how amazing it would be to see you again. Plus that wasn't as long of a flight as these have been."

    "The 10.35 flight to Brisbane is now ready for boarding" a computerised voice calls from one of the monitors. Natalie groans. I grab her hand holding it tight as we walk up to the boarding gate.

"Would you like any refreshments?" a small voice says from beside us. I slowly open my eyes to see Natalie rummaging through the refreshments our air hostess has to offer. One thing I have also learnt whilst travelling in first class is that everything's complimentary, we don't have to spend extortionate prices for a drink. Natalie puts her goodies on the tray in front of her, I eye up a small bottle of champagne and a packet of crisp.

   "Classy" I mumble before Natalie turns towards me, she had obviously been expecting me to still be asleep.

   "Oh sleeping beauty's awake" she grins before turning back to the smiling air hostess. She grabs something else from the trolley and hands it to me, I just groan and roll my eyes.

   "Are you trying to get me drunk? And on a plane too!" I exclaim. I watch as the air hostess carries on down the rest of the plane. She just shrugs pouring out her favourite alcoholic beverage into a chilled glass.

   "Oh come on you know I need something to take my mind off of being stuck in a tin tube" she says before taking a sip from her glass. I wondered how many she had had whilst I had been asleep, she seemed a lot calmer now. "Of course there are other things..." she trails off placing her hand on my leg.

   "Ok in no way will I be joining the mile high club" I conclude.

    "But..." she pauses as I place my finger on her lips.