chapter twenty one

Start from the beginning

"Changkyun? Are you okay?" The shortest vocalist's concerned gaze landed onto the maknae. He was taking a toilet break from the vocal practice when the younger rapper bumped into him.

Changkyun didn't answer. He couldn't.

Noticing the tear streaked cheeks of the younger, Kihyun quickly enveloped him into his embrace. 

"It's fine, really." 

Kihyun held the younger in his arms, trying not to tear up himself as he hear the rapper repeat the same thoughts in his mind over and over again softly. He didn't cry, out of fear that the action will dampen the mood of the already shaking rapper.

Instead, he tightened the hug, burying the younger into his scent.

"Changkyun, you're fine,  you have us, all six of us supporting you." Kihyun mumbled into the hair of the younger as he gently let his hand go up and down continuously on the back of the younger.

"And don't ever repeat those thoughts again, you hear me? I will personally whoop you. They're absolutely wrong, Changkyun, you're good enough. You made it into the team. Our team. You're talented, okay?" 

The vocalist smiled a little as he felt the younger nod his head. Through his closed eyes, Kihyun couldn't help but feel the wall between the maknae and the members evaporate, by just a little.

But sometimes, a little was just enough.

-

The duo returned back to the dorm, after Kihyun had sent a text for everyone to return too.

"Kihyun, 'you better come back quick or I won't cook you ramen ever again' is a really polite thing to say, especially via text, isn't it?" Wonho grumbled as he stepped into the dorm. 

He paused in his steps though, when the sight of the maknae cuddling with the shortest vocalist on the sofa caught his eye.

"Neither is 'I will rip your pillow to shreds if you don't come back to the dorm right this instant ', Kihyu - what the hell?" The tallest's sentence was interrupted when he bumped into Wonho, barely stopping himself from falling. He flailed his arms pathetically, before grasping the nearest thing he could grab - the table cloth of the dining table. 

It didn't help, either, that Wonho barely moved a muscle when the taller male basically high-fived the floor with his face.

The other members still outside the flat cringed at the sound of plates scattering and shattering onto the floor as they braced themselves for the very worst. 

"Chae Hyungwon?"

"I'm sorry, I didn't mean to, I swear, hyung please don't kill my pillow, I will clean it up, please - "