Chapter XXXII

Draco slunk to the ground in surrender, hugging his knees to his chest. He was never going to find Harry unless he wanted to be found. He let himself cry, tears spilling out from his mercury eyes, reflecting the city's lights. His wand was undamaged, and he held it tightly, as if he were afraid it were to fall. He wished that things were as easy as they were before all of this happened.

Voldemort ruined everything, and Draco was going to fix it. So first, he had to find Harry.

He was hopeful that Harry headed back toward the hotel, absolutely certain that he would find Harry no matter what. After no sign of Harry as he reached the front of the hotel, he sat miserably on the muggle bench in the front. He stared somberly at the darkened park that he kissed Harry in during their first night here, and let the rain collect in his soft white hands. As he stared at the small portion of moon shining through the rain, he caught a glimpse of a small raven-haired boy in the moon's pale light. Before he could even think, he jumped up running.

***

Harry stood up from under the awning, and focused his attention on the familiar place in the distance. He crossed the slick muggle street, not paying attention if cars were coming or not, and headed for it. The moon was bright over it, shining through one weak part of the thunder cloud. Soon he was at a run for it, and when he got there, he smiled. It was the park where he and Draco had found before they went to their hotel.

His Draco was so brave. He fought through anything relentlessly, not caring what people thought of him. It always hurt Harry when people were mean to his Dray, because even though Draco didn't care what they said, it stuck into Harry's brain. Sometimes he wondered if Slytherins weren't just the mean ones, because let's face it, everyone can be mean. And if Harry was treated like that, he would care. He knew what it was like, for he lived with the Dursley's every single day until he was eleven, and eventually, he just blocked out their words. But deep inside, he still cared. Even after he found out they were just stupid muggles, he still cared. People can be heartless, and Draco was no stranger to that.

Draco is not a perfect human being. He is far from it. But he is perfect to Harry because even though he makes mistakes, he really does mean the best, and he would do anything to protect his loved ones. Even though Harry didn't want to be protected, he knew that Draco would always be there to help him, because that's who he is.

He needed to find him. He needed to find Draco and apologize for what he did.

He was about to start looking when a desperate call came from behind him.

"Harry!" Draco called, his face lit up with relief. He crushed Harry into his arms, burying his face in his neck. "I was so worried about you, please don't ever do that again," He released Harry, cupping his face with his hands as they pressed their foreheads together.

"I'm so sorry Draco," Harry looked up with tear filled eyes, and Draco shook his head unreluctantly.

"Don't be," he whispered as he pressed his face onto Harry's, hands lightly pressed against Harry's jawline. He kissed him without a single care about the world around them, as if they weren't living in a muggle world, running from murderers. He missed his Harry, the Harry that smiled and truly lived, the Harry that was awake and experienced life. Harry was here, and he was here, and that's all that mattered. He kissed Harry harder as he smiled without meaning to.

"Let's get out of here, Harry," Draco grinned, complete relief washing over him.

"This city, or to somewhere private?" Harry joked.

"Both," Draco laughed, and they went back to the hotel to get their belongings.

***

"Harry, we need to pack!" Draco giggled as Harry jumped over him onto the bed, launching the backpack onto the floor.

"Not yet," Harry whispered between kisses planted on Draco's neck, making him sigh wistfully. Harry trailed kisses down to the collar of Draco's shirt, unbuttoning the top button. Draco pushed him off of him.

"If you do that, I'm going to have to have you restrained,"

"So be it," Harry smirked, making Draco blush vividly.

"Start packing," He ordered, tilting his face away to hide his embarrassment.

Harry smirked even more. "Yes sir." He threw all of their stuff in the enchanted backpack as they walked out the door and headed toward the lobby.

Draco neared the reception desk. "We're checking out," He said confidently.

"Sir, it's the middle of the night." The man said, inquisitive, and Draco slid him twenty pounds.

"I said, we're checking out." Draco locked eye contact with him.

"Alright sir, have a nice day." He nodded. Harry smiled at him politely before they walked out the door and crossed the street to the sidewalk by the park.

The moon was almost all the way down to the horizon, and the sun was about to come up soon.

"Are you ready for this?" Harry smiled nervously.

"Definitely," Draco reached for Harry's hand reassuringly.

"What about our disguise?"

"It was stupid anyway. They would have found us."

"You're right," Harry said, followed by a long space of silence. Then, "I might kind of miss this rainy old place."

"Me too." Draco agreed, looking over the muggle town. It was no longer raining, and the streets were completely empty, like a ghostly reminder that they were alone in this world amongst muggles. He looked over to Harry and they nodded simultaneously. Harry raised his wand.

"Lumos."