Chapter VI

sorry guys! I haven't updated in a week, but I got pretty sick and I just got a bit better today- also I had to work a lot this week, so I've been pretty busy! PS, is this flashback thing confusing anybody because I'm a little confused myself! I don't think I'm going to be doing flashbacks as often anymore..... and to make it up to you, extra long chapter! LIKE HOLY CRAP IT'S MORE THAN 2,000 WORDSSSSS

****Current year, year 5***

"Look guys, something is up with Draco." Hermione said to Harry and Ron as they hurried down the stairs. "You saw how he was in Transfiguration, and I'm going to find out what, even if you don't believe me." She huffed, rushing ahead of them, into the great hall for dinner.

"Hello Draco," She smiled as she sat next to him at the Gryffindor table. Draco hardly ever sat at the Slytherin table anymore and Hermione could see why. Most of the people that were actually there seemed rude and annoying, and quite unpleasant (nothing against Slytherins, I'm a Slytherin myself).

"Hey, 'Mione." Draco murmured, playing with the untouched food on his plate.

"Draco, tell me what's wrong. And don't tell me that there's nothing wrong because there is. Tell me before anyone else gets here." She said, looking for any approaching Gryffindors because as of now, the Gryffindor table was empty except for themselves.

"I've already told you." Draco set his fork down, and seemed to slouch more.

"And when was that?" Hermione scoffed, searching her memory for what Draco had told her.

"Second year." Draco sat up straight, aware of the other Slytherins glaring at him from the other table.

Some pumpkin juice appeared in Hermione's goblet as she proceeded to drink from it and then asked, "How am I supposed to remember that?"

"You're not." Draco replied simply, "I told you when you were petrified."

"Then technically, you have told me, but I still don't know. You'll just have to tell me again."

"Fine, but not here. I need you to meet me in front of Dumbledore's office. Right after dinner, alright?"

"Okay, Draco, but you better be there. It would be taking a lot of time away from my studying." Hermione demanded, and turned her attention toward her food as Harry and Ron sat down.

"Nothing is above studying, right 'Mione?" Ron chipped in, scarfing down a chicken drumstick.

"w-well..." Hermione stuttered.

"Be where? Planning a secret romantic rendezvous?" Harry asked jokingly, but with a serious tone. Ron looked perturbed as he set his food down.

"Erm," Draco supplied, not sure what to say.

"Merlin, no!" Hermione spluttered, "we were just planning a visit to Hogsmeade. Are you guys coming?"

"Still sounds like a romantic rendezvous, but alright." Harry mumbled as he stood up, apparently done with his food. Ron followed him as they headed back toward their dormitories.

"You're late." Draco scoffed.

"Sorry, I accidentally ran into the Weasley twins." Hermione huffed. "Why are we meeting here?"

"I need you to help me to sneak into Dumbledore's office." Draco said.

"Draco, you said that you would tell me what's bothering you." Hermione complained.

"I can't. I can show you, though. I also need you to get us in here because I don't know the password, and I figured you would."

Hermione sighed. "Fine. Well, Dumbledore does love his sweets, so... Sherbet Lemon, Fizzy Wizzy, Acid Pop, Cockroach Nougats, Pepper Imps....." She rattled off the candies, but none worked.