Chapter X

"Blimey, 'arry, are you alright? You look bloody awful." Ron asked while chewing a mouthful of his breakfast.

"I didn't get much sleep." Harry looked down and played with his toast.

"Not more nightmares, I hope?" Hermione added in, and from across of him, Harry heard Draco snicker. Their feet had been playfully intertwined earlier, but now Harry tried to kick him.

"Hey, that's my foot!" Ron exclaimed, and Harry was conspicuously quiet. Hermione looked between Harry and Draco and smiled. She suddenly kicked Ron's foot and laughed.

"Well of course it is, that's why I kicked it!" Hermione giggled, and then everyone started kicking each other's feet in order to cover up the fact that Harry and Draco were playing footsie, and they were all laughing, including Ron, and then suddenly, someone cleared their throat behind them.

Hem hem.

"I don't suppose Mister Weasley enjoys being picked on by bullies," she simpered. "Such cruel, beastly children. You ought to get detention, all of you."

"Scuse me professor, but it's all right," Ron said, "we were only having fun."

"We meant no harm by it." Hermione stated.

"Then why would you do it?" Professor Umbridge asked, curious.

Hermione had to think of something quick. "It...I... Erm, I was trying to flirt with Ron?"

And Ron went a bright shade of red.

"You do realize that boys and girls are not permitted to be within 8 inches of each other?" Professor Umbridge sniffed, and suddenly Harry and Draco started laughing, so much that they accidentally dropped what they were holding and spit out their pumpkin juice.

Hermione suddenly noticed what they were laughing about, and quickly said, "Yes, professor, I swear it won't happen again." And then she burst out laughing, almost as hard as Harry and Draco. Ron started laughing too, but he didn't know what it was about. Professor Umbridge sniffed and walked back up to her table where she would begin eating.

But now, Professor Mcgonagall was walking into the great hall. Harry and Draco were laughing so hard that they were in tears. "If you cannot stop giggling like a bunch of apes, then I suggest you leave the great hall before one of you explodes." She looked cross, but inside, it was great to hear pure laughter these days. Draco and Harry used that as an excuse to run out of the great hall and into the corridor.

"You do realize that boys and girls are not permitted to be within 8 inches of each other?" Draco mimicked Professor Umbridge, and Harry had to gather his breath from laughing too hard.

"Yes professor," Harry agreed in a childlike voice. "But what about boys and boys?" Draco burst out laughing so hard that he doubled over and nearly fell on the floor. They were by a window seat, so Harry sat down on it with Draco cuddled against him and they laughed for an endless amount of time.

•••

"I was trying to flirt with Ron?" Ron asked, repeating what Hermione said. "Merlin, Hermione, what kind of excuse was that?"

"Sorry Ron," Hermione giggled. "I was distracted."

"By what?"

"Well, I think there is something you need to know, but you shouldn't hear it from me. Ask Harry." Hermione smiled, grabbed her books, and left the great hall with Ron, headed for Hogsmeade with Harry and Draco. If they didn't tell Ron soon, it was going to be quite an interesting time.

•••

Harry woke up still curled up in the window seat, and tried to moved, but soon found out that Draco had wrapped his arms around Harry's waist and Harry was completely trapped. Blimey, we were supposed to meet up with Ron and Hermione to go to Hogsmeade! Harry thought, and looked over at Draco. He looked so innocent when he was sleeping.

Harry adjusted to a more comfortable position and saw Draco's eyes flutter open slowly, and Harry couldn't help resist the urge to kiss him, so he did. Draco widened his eyes in surprise, but quickly kissed back as he rolled over and sat on top of Harry. His lips traveled to Harry's neck, and Harry shivered as Draco's lips trailed down to his collarbone. "Good afternoon," Draco murmured. "Did you have a nice nap?"

"Now I did," Harry bit his lip as he leaned up to kiss Draco again. Draco pulled himself down closer to Harry, his legs intertwined with his, and ran his tongue around the edge of Harry's mouth.

"Draco," Harry whined, but kept kissing Draco with passion as Draco leaned back up.

"Hmm?" Draco asked, kissing the messy hairline of Harry's black hair.

"We forgot to meet up with Ron and Hermione."

"Whoops." Draco muttered carelessly as he reached down to kiss Harry once more, but Harry dodged it and sat up too, Draco now sitting upward on Harry's lap.

"We have to go."

"I don't want to." Draco whimpered. "I want to stay here with you," and he reached to kiss Harry's neck.

"Draco!" Harry exclaimed, "that tickles!" Draco smiled faintly as he leaned to lay Harry back down. Harry could feel Draco grinding against him, and it made him sigh in pleasure. "Come on, Draco, we really have to go..." Harry trailed off as Draco cupped Harry's jaw with his hands and roughly kissed him.

"I refuse." Draco smiled suggestively, and roughly kissed him. Harry tried to say something but Draco was kissing him so hard that he could my reply, and he spoke an inaudible mumble. "I take that as an okay." Draco nodded as he snuggled up back next to Harry, and Harry figured that Ron and Hermione would be alright without them in Hogsmeade. Besides, Ron and Hermione would technically be on a date. It was a good day.

•••

"Where is that Harry Potter?" Hermione shrieked, still searching the castle with Ron. "I can't believe he and Draco ditched us...." She stopped when she and Ron saw Harry and Draco curled up sleeping on a window seat.

"Bloody hell..." Ron muttered. "Is this what Harry needed to tell me?"

"Yes." Hermione nodded, still staring at them.

"Well why didn't he just tell me?"

"I suppose he was going to," Hermione smiled, and clasped her hands together. "Aren't they just so cute?" She grabbed Ron's arm. "Come on, let them sleep. Let's just go to Hogsmeade together."