Mother Son Time

What the literal Hell? Was there a reason Mare had decided to sneak away with Cal, in the middle of the light? The oddest part they were dancing? Cal stands there smiling like an idiot at a radio while Mare asks questions. 

"Why are you showing me this?" I murmur, Mother stands next to me observant as always .

"Why are you even asking that question?" Mother looks up at me like I'm some stupid creature. 

"Why do you feel the need to destroy the little self-esteem I hold?" I whisper, I rather not know about their midnight dates. 

"I destroy nothing, It's that fool you call a brother that wrecks it, he can't even respect your marriage arrangement with a lowly red." Mother spits glaring at the monitors "Considering the prize he's wedded to, this is just in spite of you." Mother had cleared out the  surveillance room, the sentinels had exited without question. 

"He's not the only one with a prize, mother," I say so quietly I barely hear myself, but to mother, it's a scream.

"No wonder you're self-confidence is so low, your visions of happiness are pointless in the world, we live in. The only vision of happiness is power, you know what happened with Coriane."

Coriane? Cal's mother, what does she have to do with this? Coriane fell bewitched dad nothing else. Coriane's mischief is the reason I'm not heir. Her and father's relationship was nothing compared to Mare and me, we were real. 

Mother let out a laugh "Coriane was a nothing, then she came to the castle and before she knew it she was suddenly a princess.Sound familiar?" My eyes widen at the thought, I had no response and she knew it.  Mother's crackling filled my head 'Look at the monitors, My son, look, she has no loyalties.'

I can't do this anymore, I thought leaving the room. They're all insane, just when I thought I found some solid ground, she leaves.

"Your Majesty?" A fragile voice whispers 

I look up to see Hollen, the father I never had. "Any targets in mind, for the upcoming ball?" He whispers quietly 

"Targets?" I raised an eyebrow

"Yes, I've been instructed to seek out  lady Mareena and ask her. But I'm afraid she doesn't know much of the court." Hollin responds. The hidden message is shining in his eyes, the Scarlet Gaurd is yet to trust me, they still think I'm some jealous child.

In a  way I am, my mind screams CAL,CAl,Cal, cal My heart sickens at the next thought Father, if they both were to be taken out, my coronation would follow immediately. And then there'd be Mare, would they tell her I nominated Cal as a target? I wasn't sure how she'd react, would she still want me? would even be engaged to her anymore, Evangeline did win the Queenstrial. But mare won so much more. "Ptrolemus Samos, Reynald Iral, Ellyn Macanthos, and Belicos Lerolan." I state. I hated the entire Iral Family, Ellyn would always smile at Cal than me when entering a room, Marcanthos is too smart for her own good, and the I was sorta jealous about Belicos's family, actually loving each other and shiz.

Hollen nodded once turning on his heel "Good choice your majesty"

"Wait, Hollen, so you think you could do me a favor?" I asked. Hollen didn't look it but he was a hundred percent Scarlet Guard.

The second the request exited my mouth, he smiled proudly and wandered off to complete it.

I waited for the click and slipped into Mare's room.

Okay,I was sorta nervous about posting this part, considering it's completely original, and I'm not sure how you guys feel about it? Which is also sorta why It's shorter than usual, So I wasn't sure how yall would respond, hopefully, well if not I don't plan to do too many of these, so you guys don't have to suffer. Also, I'm gonna attempt weekly uploads from now on; on Mondays! So hopefully this Monday will be the first Maven Monday! And I was thinking maybe Fabulous Fridays? But don't take my word on that it'd just an idea.