Queenstrial

Cal was for some reason extremely jittery standing next to me, As we were waiting to be announced and the Queenstrial to start. I just assumed it was because he snuck out again last night and didn't get back till like one, then racked up on coffee this morning. It was irresponsible really, today was one of the biggest days in his life. His was picking a wife, yet he decided to sneak out the night before. As if he had some sorta of secret lover or something. One last good bye or some $#!T like that before he's engaged. He really should be more responsible like me. Mother tells me sometimes he wishes he was a normal silver, ungrateful really, just like his mother. No matter he's still my brother, and one of us has to be the mature one. I released a gust of breath I'd been holding and placed and hand on his shoulder. He glanced down and nodded once then faced forward.

First my mother, Queen Elara was introduced by my "father" to the audience of gathering slivers, eager to see who their future queen was. It was obvious it was going to be Evangeline Samos that was no mystery, but who would be the next princess, my bride? If you asked me this whole thing was stupid, just a pageant of powers, then broken jealous hearts of most of the high houses. I felt a splash of disgust before father announced me, I entered with a wave and sat down. Once Father announced Tiberias Calore the sixth the whole room burst out in applause, I looked down at my hands as Cal took his seat on father's right side my left side and mother on father's left.

Not surprisingly Cal was distracted ,again. Father began giving the mandatory speech honoring the high houses which he most of all didn't, he didn't care much for anything besides his precious heir and alcohol. Everything else including Me and Mother seemed like children's blocks that didn't fit into his heart. Not that; that bothered Mother much she was just glad to be queen. She loved me yes, that may be the one thing Cal (Tiberias) didn't have but I did. I smiled at the thought of having something he didn't, sadly the quickly melted away once the entire room began chanting like a cult "Strength and Power" I began mouthing the worlds looking around at the reds to find the clear uncomfortableness across their faces. It lifted my mood a bit but not by much, by the time the queenstrial was truly underway.

I glanced over at Cal who was still distracted he seemed lost in thought glancing at the area of red against the wall. Probably just nothing, besides he wasn't the one that got to pick his bride that privilege belonged to me and Father. Not Cal. I smiled at another thing that I had that he didn't getting to pick my future. It was getting to the fifth time Cal would look at the wall where the reds stood. I glanced over to see Cal was staring at a red girl in a uniform. I was too far away to perfectly detect her features but she had tanned skin with messy brown long curly hair to match. Her expression completely matched mine a complete boredom with a hint of disgust, for the animos who just murdered a bunch of doves on the dome of the electric field.

I made out a pair of chocolate brown eyes staring at the arena with a mixture of confusion and disgust. Who was then tapped by one of her fellow reds and began walking to serve. As Evangeline Samos appeared in the Arena covered from head to toe in metal armor, Father and Mother stood for her performance as the rest of us they knew who the real winner was. Cal's back straightened with uncomfortableness. He also know who the winner was.

Evangeline sprang off shaping the metal pieces into breaking apart the already dismantled arena from the earlier contestants. The was the one performance I didn't have to watch, the one person that was off limits. Like with everything else Cal comes first his bride would be taken out of my pool of choosing. I glanced down at my hands contemplating an idea of my bride the Welle girl looked nice with her wind destroying everything in sight. But she didn't have the best appearance. It would be nice to have attractive children, from the looks of the Samos girl down in the arena Cal wouldn't have that pleasure. I know mother would probably scold me for these thoughts, she was a whisper after all, but she was probably too occupied with the queenstrial to be digging into my head.

The Samos girl was out doing herself the crowd cheered for her. Until bam a loud Thunk an entire section of the arena where the reds stood was broken off, Carrying a red female still standing on it sending her hurling for the electric dome. Gasps filled the room as her body fell towards the dome. Cal shot out of his chair looking over the balcony gawking at her. Mother sighed, Red Blood was soo hard to clean up. I noticed as she fell it was the same girl Cal had been gawking at during the queenstrial. For some reason that made me excited to see her body splat against the arena floor a splatter, right in front of his eyes.

Her body hit the dome and fell through, another gasp her body should've been electrocuted yet she fell in perfect condition towards the arena. Around her body snaked electrical snakes of electricity. The girl stood up dizzily, looking down at her hands, her not even understanding what just happened.

Evangeline stood the look of udder conversation over her face. The Red female glanced at the crowd then back at the sliver standing before her. Everyone in the room now on their feet gawking down. Evangeline let out a grunt and attacked, the red girl put out her hands in hopeless defense accidentally sending a blast of electricity for the Samos girl missing by an inch.

Everything seemed to stop in that moment. Father's voice pierced the quietness "Sentinels"

With that the girl took off running out the doors of the arena with towing behind. Cal grunted and took off after her before father could finish "Seize her" he boomed as the fearsome guards charged after her.

The crowd of high housed gawking at the balcony my "family"was sitting at asking for answers. I wasn't exactly sure what was going on, but I knew one thing for sure no one would or could forget the girl in the red uniform with the lighting.

I tried to make this as accurate as possible but i didn't have the book next to me but i will by the next part hope you enjoyed.