Hallway thoughts

"Trouble Dear?"Mothers voice rings out. I was usually happy to see my mom but now was not the time.  'Is there a reason, why your hand is in hers?' I could hear a hint of anger in her voice, just a hint but mainly surprise. 

Ugh, I can feel her forcing my way into my head, rummaging through my brain, pushing through the gate I'd built, in the past 30 seconds she's come around the corner. I causally keep her out from certain thoughts, but it took hours, sometimes days to brick it from her mind rape. It's taken years of tolerance to block her from the emotions I've felt when in Cal's presence. But the random flares of jealousy that I felt while in her and Cal's presence are fresh and unprotected. 

"Nothing I Can't handle," My hand tightened around Mare's hand, my anchor.  Usually, whenever Mom goes through your head, you tend to become slightly stiff and sluggish. Not today, I thought. Mother could probably hear the thought echoing but I didn't care. My raises an eyebrow I wasn't this rebellious, calling Mare my anchor probably wasn't too pleasing either.

"Best hurry up, Lady Mareena, or you'll be late for luncheon."  Mare's hand tightens around mine She needs me just likeI need her.  I prayed to god, my was done rummaging through my head she would be fuming. I wonder if she ever needed anyone in her life, it's not the I needed Mare it's just things were better when she was around "Red Blood is just so hard to clean up." Mom finishes with a smirk.

"You would know," Wait, what was she doing? "Because no matter how hard you try to hide it, I see it all over your hands." Mare snaps. 

I'm not sure whose eyes widen more mine or Mother's. It takes a fraction of a second before Mare's body's twitches backward, at first I think she's having a seizer the way her eyes blink naturally, and hr head slams into the wall. She looked like a possessed robot. But's mother sweating that throws me the hint. 

"Mother Stop!" I was suddenly angry, she couldn't just treat people like that when they said something she didn't like.

The queen's hand closes around her throat.  "You will not speak to me like that again," Mare's face no doubt would be red going on to purple. 

I've never felt such a rush of adrenaline, She was going to kill her and I would just stand and watch, No. "That's enough!," I state I stood and watched as Thomas was taken from me, and I  refused to repeat that experience. Before I knew what was happening  I had wrapped my arms around Mothers body tearing her off. 

Mare slumps against the wall, taking deep breaths. The Queen glares daggers at me, I stare right back "HOW DARE YOU!" She screams in my head than just screaming, I've never seen her so Furious. "Return to your schedule, Mare." More screaming my head was pounding this is probably what if felt like to have a migraine. Why was Mare still standing there? "GO!" I shouted I couldn't let her see me collapse, which I'm sure was coming in time. I could feel the temperature shooting up. Mother's screaming softens a bit, allowing me to open my eyes I'm taking deep breaths glaring back to her.

Luckily Mare gets the hint and stumbles off. "How dare you treat me like that!" Mother screams 

"How dare I treat you like that? How dare you treat me like that." I scream back she had no right to be mad "How dare you treat anyone like that?" 

"I am the queen and your mother, You will treat me with respect any nothing less" She snaps back 

"Being offended doesn't make you right" I was not backing down from this, queen or not I didn't care if she was family, family meant little to nothing to me. I had others now, my first friend was taken and I wasn't going to let another one be ripped from my grasp. Rumors had gone around someone had ordered Thomas's death, never again would I let this court take anything from me.

Mother had gone silent, I had forgotten she was around. The walls put up the walls I screamed but it was too night she had seen everything already. "So weak hearted, never a heart of a king" Mother whispered "Just like him," Was all she said before walking down the hall, here odd grace leaking from her body.

Okay I know it's been forever and a day since I uploaded but my friend finally returned my book, so updates should come out more smoothly. But if you didn't know My King's Cage FanFic is out, and we've actually progressed quite far in it so, yall can binge read that until Another update Of this comes out.