More Arena Day!

"Absolutely not" I rumble, there's no way in hell she was going out there against the metal welding bitch queen. "She's only been training for only two weeks; you'll cut her apart" And I meant that literally.

Evangeline just shrugs, Putting a stupid smile and her stupid face. Letting her pet harpy do the talking for her. "So what if she does?" Sonya barks "The healers are here. There'll be no harm don't." Besides the fact, I might lose the one person who makes this hell tolerable " if she's going to train with us, she might as well do it properly, right?"

Luckily Mare knows how to retaliate "I'd like some more time observing before I get in the ring if you don't mind," Mare's voice quivers for some stupid reason Something that Evangeline does not miss.

"Too scared to fight?" Evangeline Taunts. "Poor little Lightning girl" 

I was subconsciously hoping Mare would just admit to being scared so we could be through with this but when she opens her mouth the exact opposite comes out "I'm not a fool, Evangeline, and I cannot win against you"

"Training outside the arena can only get you so far, Mareena." Sonya chirps "Don't you agree Instructor?" How can she ever expect to win, if she doesn't try.?" She whines like a baby

Cal glances my way as if asking for my blessing to send my bride into  her death I give the slightest shake of my head signaling him off. He opens his mouth glaring, for once stepping up to the plate "Lady Titanos is the daughter of a dead war hero and yet you can do nothing but tease her," For once I felt an odd sort of proudness for Cal, for once he stood for something that mattered, Sadly it all went to shit as he continued "A general's daughter should do well in the ring. If anything, Evangeline should be afraid."

What was he doing? You idiot his failed attempt at reverse psychology was idiotic and stupid "She wasn't raised by a general don't be foolish" I sneer, but the fact is I'm not sure Cal could be anything but foolish. Wasn't it obvious that threatening Evangeline for Mare would only want to prove she was stronger. 

"I will not fight" Mare states "Challenge someone else" 

"I Challenge you" She snaps Tossing another knife through the air 

"Evangeline, Stop!" I say my voice taking on a feral edge. While Cal does my job of helping Mare to her feet. He whispers something to her ear the only words I caught were 'You bleed' Are you  kidding me, it was very few things Cal gives up on, and this was not the time"

Evangeline smiles and walks to the arena waiting. Mare slowly follows slightly shaking, before I knew it a bolt of light flashes and Evangeline is thrown against the Arena's wall.  Honestly, I had no wants to watch Mareena get slaughtered by the  queen to be. I turn my head, glaring at Arven, he watched the battle with fascination watching Mare. I turn my head giving her a faint smile before her battle.

"Who has the advantage?" Arven asks with a smile "Mareena or Evangeline?"

No one answers, honestly, I hoped to see Sliver blood spilled on the arena. The lights flicker off and on, luckily no one here was seize triggered. Evangeline demon spawns form into spiders and make their way around the battlefield. Mare takes off after Evangeline, sprinting for her life sending sparks her way.

Cal keeps his mouth shut, as the fight escalates. I can barely help but keep quiet, along with the class. Mare's pinning Evangeline down. Evangeline lets out a hysterical laugh as her spider spawns twitch to life, weaving into one gigantic bear. The bear knocks Mare aside freeing Evangeline. Then quickly pinning Mare to the ground. I could already see the outcome as it drags a razor edge across her face. Before I know it my feet are moving, faster, faster, faster, till I'm at a sprint. My hands flying up as fire erupts from my bracelet. Crashing into the bear and burning it to a crisp. It takes me a second to notice, I'm being trailed by Cal. He looked worried, ironic, considering this was his fault. I grip Mare's arms swiping long hair against her scared face. A healer comes our way, but Cal shoes her away. I was an autopilot.