Chapter four!

Cal and I were in training with the rest of the noble a$$ wholes, Mareena hadn't joined our class and the training hall was buzzing. As usual Evangeline held her own little court. Before I know it Cal and I step up, and launch our fire balls at the targets. Once the smoke clears away to a surprised Mareena standing on the floor above us. I give her a quick little smile, she's the first person that's been impressed with my abilities, usually Cal gets all the praise. Out of the corner of my eye I also see Cal smiling up at her, covered in sweat as always. Next the queen to be Evangeline steps up, throwing knives at the target at deadly speeds. After that Mareena's rushed past the training windows. 

After training there wasn't much to do for a second prince, besides exist and think of scenarios where the crown prince wasn't around to assume the throne. I didn't go to the guys luncheon, I got enough questions about My bride to be at training, didn't need to be pounded by more people about my feelings about my bride. The truth is I didn't know how to feel about her, sure she was pretty and all, but she seemed a bit bitter yesterday at the feast. Maybe If we got to know each other a little better then I can make a decision about her.

Luckily I was In Luck as I rounded a corner to see Mareena and Lucus Samos walking down the Same hallway.

"Still Alive?" I say grinning I've prepared for this scenario, last night I had researched conversation starters with girls. But that one I had come up with that one myself.

Mare Smiles back sweetly "You should send Lady Iral back to the Lakelanders. She'll make them surrender in a week."

She didn't answer my question, crap. She was supposed to answer my question then i would launch into another joke I had no idea what to do next.It sounded like she made a joke. So I forced a laugh, "She's a battle-ax that one. Can't seem to understand she's not in the army any longer" Crap Crap I was crashing, that statement didn't even make sense I forgot the Why in between understand and she's the only thing to do was continue forward hoping she doesn't notice "Did she question you at all?" 

Mare's smile wavers as she  answers still with a slight smile on her face "More like interrogate. I think she's angry I beat out her granddaughter." 

I sliver of fear made it's way through me if anyone found out Mare was red what would happen to me? "She shouldn't bother you like that, I'll let my mother know , and she'll take care of it" 

She hesitates before answering but she still answers "Thanks, that would- that would be very helpfull" She stumbles as if thanking someone physically hurts her.

The conversation seemed to be coming to an end, but i had also trained for this "Are you done for the day  I could show you around if you want" I say using my best smile. And if your wondering i had practiced that in-front of a mirror last night.

Her words come out almost the second my proposal finishes "No" I didn't know what to do, she was supposed to say yes. I had planned our whole tour out, a couple jokes here and there. Her next words are quickly followed by the rest of her statement "I have Lessons next, Your mother loves her schedules." 

I attempt to repair my face into a smile "She does indeed. Well I wont keep you" Maybe if I couldn't do the whole plan i could at least in act the end of the tour I quickly take her hand, and before she could react I walk away. It was supposed to end with me kissing her hand but i guess not. I spent all night coming up with the whole tour and mother booked her for the whole day, are you kidding me!