Chapter 36

Harry had always been quite positive that Ginny would be the one he married. He had a child with her for Christ sake. But what Ginny wanted is what Harry gave her, all he wanted was for her to be happy even if it was without him. Harry sat in his office filling out paperwork when Severus strolled in. "Don't you have a defence against the dark arts class to teach?" Harry asks without looking at him.

"I suppose so" Severus says with a smile. "Except Minerva is choosing to go back to transfiguration, she doesn't like the headmistress roll"

"So you're headmaster now?" Harry asks. This grabbed his attention.

"Not officially, when the year ends" Severus mutters. "You should have seen Flitwicks face though, he wants the job"

"Minerva was good at being headmistress, it's a pity that she can't handle it" Harry mutters. Severus sits down on the chair that is in front of Harry's desk.

"She missed teaching" Severus says. "I won't miss it much, i mean I enjoy it but something about running a school really truely appeals to me"

"That's great" Harry says.

"So how are things with Ginny, since you were gone for six months, are you getting married yet?"

"I uh don't think there will be a marriage, she took off her ring" Harry says. Severus actually shows emotion on his face, sympathy.

"You need to do something about that Harry... you can't just let her go"

"Well she says we need to see more people, think about our options you know?"

"No I don't" Severus mutters.

"Of course not because you've only loved one person in your life" Harry says. Severus shrugs.

"Who else have you been in love with Harry... shine some light on that" Severus says. Harry's about to say something but then he doesn't, he sighs.

"I've only loved Ginny" he says quietly.

"That's right, so do something about it. You have a child potter"
*
Harry was on the Weasley's doorstep once again, Mrs. Weasley opened the door once again. She was holding James in her arms. "Hi Molly" Harry smiled and kissed his son on the cheek.

"Hello Harry dear" Molly said smiling at him. "Ginny is in her room getting some rest, you can go up there if you want. I don't think she is asleep" for some reason Mrs Weasley knew Harry's intentions.

"Thank you" Harry said. He walked in the door and up to Ginny's bedroom. He opened the door without knocking and there Ginny was getting changed. Harry's eyes widened as he hadn't seen her body in six months. Ginny pulled him into the the room and shut the door. "I'm sorry" Harry said. He turned away from her.

"It's not like you haven't seen it before" Ginny says. Harry turns to her. She is in a bra and underwear. Harry gulps as he looks at her and then he looks away. Ginny doesn't make an effort to get dressed. "Why are you here?"

"Well.." Harry says without looking at her. Ginny walks closer to him and turns his head towards her. He looks her in the eye. "I love you. I will only ever love you, I'm not going to try other people because you're the only person I have truely loved. Please marry me Ginny" Harry says with pleading eyes. Ginny's mouth forms into a smile. She kisses him. He kisses back surprised.

"Don't hate me but I've been waiting for you to say something like that" Ginny says. "I wanted to forgive you yesterday but I wanted to make sure that you were fully committed to me, not work or anything else"

"Oh uh I left work to come here" Harry says with a chuckle.

"So you don't hate me?" Ginny asks.

"No, I'm in love with you" Harry mutters. He then gets down on one knee and pulls out Ginny engagement ring. "Marry me?"

"I said yes before and I'll say yes now" Ginny says with a smile. Harry slips the ring onto her finger. "This is quite funny, me getting proposed to when I'm half naked" Ginny says with a laugh. Harry smiles and wraps his arms around her.

"It's probably the best thing ever"