Chapter 34

6 MONTHS LATER

Harry walks into his empty home with his suitcase in hand. The house looks bare without the pictures on the shelves or Ginny lying on the couch watching tv waiting for him to come home. He walks up stairs to his room, the bed is freshly made. He walks into the cupboard where the left side is full where there right side shows emptiness. He sighs and drops his suitcase on the floor hopelessly. He then spots a diamond ring that has been perfectly placed on the bed side table. Harry picks it up sand clutches it in his hand with a tear rolling down his eye. He was gone six months, a long time. Ginny was lonely for a long time. Harry and Ginny got into an argument over the phone and that's where it ended. Over the phone. Harry apparated to his house straight away.

Flashback
"James is hard work as a new born Harry, I need your help" Ginny said softly into the phone. Harry let out a sigh.

"You know I can't for another month Gin, I got in trouble just leaving for his birth" Harry muttered.

"You think that James' birth was inconvenient ?" Ginny asked. There was a hint of shock in her voice.

"Of course not" Harry said calmly.

"Well that's what it sounded like Harry" Ginny snapped.

"Well that's not what I meant Ginny, bloody hell" Harry spat into the phone.

"Well you care about your job way more than your family Harry and I have been holding that in for a long time" Ginny yelled into the phone.

"YOU OF ALL PEOPLE SHOULD KNOW THAT ISN'T TRUE" Harry yelled.

"Well I thought I knew that until you left for a six month trip all around the world while your pregnant fiancé sat at home waiting for you" Ginny yelled a bit quieter than before. At this moment she knew she wanted to end it, she knew what it would be like being a single mum because that's what she was already. "This is over Harry, I'm sorry"

"What?" Harry asked confused.

"I can't deal with this anymore, I'm taking off my ring" Ginny said.

End of Flashback
*

"How you coping?" Ron asks sympathetically. Harry takes a drink from his beer bottle and looks at him.

"Not very well to be honest, how is she?" Harry asks. "How is my son?"

"He's good and she's coping in her own way" Ron mutters. "Rose and James will be best friends I bet" Ron says cheerfully. He then drinks from his beer. "Why don't you go see him?"

"I'm not ready to face Ginny" Harry said sadly. "I love her, I never thought this would happen"