Chapter 29

Hermione looked at Draco in shock, she couldn't have ever imagined this happening. She opened her mouth to say something but hesitated. When she finally spoke she asked "how long? How long have you loved me for?" She stares at him. His expression was full of embarrassment.

"Since we were kids, I guess" Draco said softly. His pale cheeks were rose red and his grey eyes were glued to the floor.

"SINCE WE WERE KIDS" Hermione let out a yell. She walked up to Draco and held him by the collar of his shirt. He stared up at her in fear. "YOU WERE AN ASS TO ME MALFOY, YOU FUCKING CALLED ME A MUDDBLOOD" Hermione yelled. Steam was almost coming out of her ears, she was so angry.

"I-I know, that's why I did it Hermione. I didn't want to admit to liking you. I didn't want to go against my fathers beliefs and fall for a muggle born. I'm sorry" Draco said, his eyes filled with sorrow. Hermione released her hand. She sighed. The angry had suddenly melted away as if it was never there.

"You... You caused so many arguments between Ron and I and... and I told him you didn't think of me that way. Dammit I was wrong" Hermione said mainly to herself. Harry and Ginny disappeared into the other room.

"I never intended to tamper with your relationship with Ron. I just wanted to be a friend, to make up for the stupid shit I have done. I wasn't going to ever show you my patronus but I had to. I can't just keep it from you" Draco admitted. Hermione saw nothing but truth in his eyes. She hugged him.

"I'm sorry I couldn't love you the way you love me" Hermione said. These words hurt Draco but it also made him feel better at the same time. Hermione excepted him even if she didn't feel the same Hermione excepted him.

*

"What a crazy birthday" Harry muttered as he got into bed next to Ginny.

"Hermione needed to know and you know that" Ginny stated. Harry nodded. He agreed with her fully. "I almost thought she was going to tare his head off but she calmed down quick"

"yeah, Hermione has good control when it comes to that. If she didn't she wouldn't be with Ron" Harry said. He lent down and kissed Ginny's stomach. "Good night James or Lily" Harry said with a chuckle. They turned off the lights and went to sleep.
*

"Hey man, I'm sorry I didn't see you for your birthday... I had uh work stuff" Ron said. He shook his head. "No Fred got his head stuck in the staircase bars at the Joke store. I had to fix it" Ron said rolling his eyes. "Anyway happy birthday for yesterday mate, how was it?"

"We caught Michael Corner" Harry said casually. "He's not a death eater but he is still going to azkaban for tampering with the ministry"

"How long?" Ron asked.

"I don't know, that's not my decision to make. I think it is about two years"