Chapter 14: Shattered Mirrors

Everyone sat in the coffee shops hidden living room, no one spoke a word since they were all to busy thinking. Finally after 10 minutes of sitting in silence Mari rose to her feet; Dan,Mr.Osshen and Lilith look up at her. Tears fload down her face as she gripped onto her shirt.
"Why did you stop me!" Mari yelled as she looked at Dan "I could have saved her"
Dan didn't know what to say, he just sat there gripping his jeans tightly.
"I hate you!"
Mari stormed out and slammed the door behind her, Lilith stood up.
"I'll go talk to her"
Then just like Mari she was out the door leaving Mr.Osshen and Dan alone.
Dan didn't know what to think or do, he was filled with mixed emotion. Anger, fear, sadness.
"Now Dan don't take what Mari said to heart, she's just a bit upset that's all" Mr.Osshen said softly
Dan stood up
"It's my fault, I should have tried to save Jackie, but I didn't do a damn thing, I just stood and watched the whole thing take place!" Dan yelled
"Now Dan don't blame yourself!" Mr.Osshen said
Dan shook his head "Shut it old man!" He yelled
Mr.Osshen stood up "Even if you wanted to help, you haven't even used your kagune yet, you and Mari could have been easily killed!" He yelled
Dan started to walk away
"Where do you think your going?" Mr.Osshen asked annoyed
Dan looked at him "Away from here!"
Then he was gone out the door, as he walked he just got madder and madder.
Hungrier and Hungrier
Dan thought about Phil, that little shit just stood their and watched it happen, taking every second of Jackie's death like she was nothing, like how kids used to kill squirrels in the park for fun. He had no emotion on his face what's so ever.
This made Dan very pissed as he stepped through the apartment door. He looked to see Phil sitting on the couch eating chips..... like he didn't watch a murder take place hours before.
"Hey Dan, how was work!?" Phil asked excitedly
Dan ignored him and headed towards his room, he slammed his door which made Phil jump in shock.
Dan paced back and fourth in his bedroom, he held his head as he started to get a massive headache, Dan couldn't take it anymore.
"What's wrong with humans, why do they have to do things like that?"
"Why kill an innocent girl, who hasn't done anything"
"Jackie died all because she was a ghoul"
"It's not fair, ITS NOT FAIR"
Dan held his head as he felt the straps of his eyepatch loosen. All of a sudden Phil slowly opened the door.
"Dan are you all right?" Phil asked
Dan looked at his.......he didn't know what to call him anymore. Dan couldn't look at Phil the same. When he saw Phil all he could see was the pain and torture Jackie went through.
"Get out!" Dan said softly
"Dan I" Phil said
"GET OUT, OR IM GOING TO KILL YOU!" Dan screamed
Phil quickly closed the door, Dan turned around and immediately punched his mirror. The glassed started to shatter, he looked at his hand, it was all ready starting to heal up.
His reflection
Was dark and his eye...was pulsing with rage.
Dan shook his head "I've got to get my revenge!"
"I've got to kill Mr.Radar!"
Behind Dan's closed door you could hear sobbing