Chapter 13: Just watch the rain fall

The next day, as the sun was shining brighter then ever and the smell of pine swept through the streets. Dan was able to take a walk through the city since he had a day off from work. He walked passed people and tried not to take in their scent, looking at his reflection in a shop window; he found himself, a dark lonely soul, a person who was put into a situation that he could not break apart from. His eyepatch on his eye as usual, trying to cover up the fact that he wasn't normal, not by a long shot. 
Dan sighed deeply as he kept on walking, the air was warm but when he looked up at the sky, it was dark and a bit musty.
"Hey Dan!"
He looked to see Mari and Jackie, Mari with her pink purse, waved to show that she was present and wanted Dan to notice her.
They walked up and Mari smiled brightly, she seemed excited, happy even. Dan guessed that's she still didn't know about her dad. He looked at Jackie, she seemed melancholy like she only came out because Mari wanted to, Dan guessed she didn't know either.
"Hey guys what are you two doing around town?' He asked smiling
Mari looked at Jackie and smiled letting her braid hit her face a bit as she looked at her older sister.
"Jackie promised to take me shopping today, were planning on making something for dad"
Dan was stopped in his place, he wasn't sure weather to cry or confess of his knowledge of their fathers death, he didn't want to be the bearer of bad news so he kept his mouth shut.
"Well what ever you make  I'm sure your dad will love it"
"You really think so" Mari clasped her hands together and laughed
She looked at Jackie with determination in his eyes and soul
"Let's go Jackie, bye Dan we'll see you tomorrow"
Then just like that they were gone, like a tiny breeze, and again Dan was alone in a group of people,
humans
It was like he stepped through a time machine and he was back in time 5 minutes ago. Dan kept walking and looking up at the sky, it looked like it was going to rain.
////////////////////////////////////////////////
Mari and Jackie walked next to each other walking and laughing, well Mari did most of the laughing while Jacki just smiled and nodded. Mari sniffed the air and a huge smile plastered across her face.
"Jackie, I smell dad!" She yelled as she started to run through the streets, passing people left and right.
"Mari wait!"
Jackie started, chasing her little sister down, maneuvering through the crowd. She finally found her sister in an alley way, where she was face to face with Mr.Radar and his accomplice.
"Hello there sweet heart, are you lost?" He asked as he started to list his briefcase
Jackie ran up and started guarding Mari, making sure he knew she wasn't messing around.
"I just wanted to know if you two wanted to say hi to daddy!"
He lifted up his suitcase and opened up to show his kagune that he had to kill a ghoul to posses, The girls got wide eyed as Mari started to cry.
"Daddy!" Mari yelled
Jackie looked at her sister with a terror in her eyes "Run!" She yelled
"RUN"
Jackie got hit with the kagune as Mari started to run away as fast as she can, she had to find someone to help, She ran and ran until she spotted Dan through the crowd.
"Dan, Dan!" She yelled
Dan stopped and turned around where he saw a scared nervous Mari.
"Hey Mari what's up" he asked
Mari looked up with pure terror eyes "Its Jackie she's in danger!"
Dan got wide eyed and they ran towards where Mari said her sister was. They looked in the alley way and spotted Jackie, she had been impaled with the kagune.
"No!" Mari yelled but before they could hear her Dan grabbed her and covered her mouth, she squirmed and tried to cry out.
He looked over and saw the whole thing take place,
And Phil... he was standing there watching the whole thing take place.
Dan was pissed, he looked down at Mari he could see she had stop squirming and was crying
But just like Dan predicted
                                                         It started to rain