Stability 19

I know for a fact that we were coming a close to the end of three weeks. I was counting the days and as I painted down another line it felt endless. It was my fault. My instinct that brought us where we were today. It was always my fault. I sat in the bed. The stench in the air was awful. The sheets were messed up and I felt like a hole was made in my stomach from not eating the meals that were stuffed in the corner of the room.

My eyes were blood shot. My hands dry and my feet were covered in dirt. I began to shake. I didn't recognize the feeling, my body went from warm to burning hot. I pressed my hand against my forehead and gagged at the heat that consumed my insides. My eyes began to change color, my fingertips grew out claws that ached. Fur prickled against my skin and the feeling had felt foreign. It felt different to be in this form.

The flames grew inside my body. It felt like a forest, being torn into orange and red hues. My body screeched as blood and bone molded into my wolf form.

I tore the room up. Everything was shredded the bed was bitten, the walls were scratched with gashes. The room was flipped upside down. Torn apart by an animal that held no mercy for the creatures on the other-side of the door. This was my fate, or did I lead myself to it? It was my fault thinking that this was the right way.

My back was against the bed that was bitten and my eyes were closed as I leaned my head back against the edge. I was drained. Mentally and physically as the pain resided within me. My body heaved and retched pure acid and saliva. I wiped away the bitter taste off my tongue. My head was starting to hurt. I ran my fingers through my hair in frustration and began to sit up on the bed. My mind was not in the right place. I needed rest. I needed my baby, I needed my sanity.

*****
Sebastian's Pov

My eyes blurred every few seconds. In frustration. Rage. Loneliness.

A little breeze picked up from the open windows and I shut my eyes to rest them. I inhaled then exhaled and opened my eyes again. I ran my hands over my face thinking of where Thalia could be, where Isabella could possibly be. How could I possibly let this happen? How did I let these two important beautiful creatures escape from right under my nose?

We had finally found a car two weeks after they had both gone missing and ever since then we haven't stopped searching.

I got up from my desk chair and contacted Troy through our connection.

'Troy get to the warriors and the trackers we're going out to look again. Have some in human form, the others change to their wolf. Don't leave without me, I will meet you by the edge of the outskirts closest to the city. Contact every member of the pack who isn't a warrior or a tracker, tell them no one is to go out or come in. Everyone should be in by the time I'm done talking to my mom and sister.' I made my way downstairs and as I did I grew anxious. My mind was pre-occupied and my conscience continued to nag at my head as I thought of her.

This was my doing. They both had become a part of my responsibility and I just let them walk right out the door.

"Hey you okay?"

Okay? No. I was far from it. The sleepless nights were treacherous and the nightmares became worse with every hour. Violets voice was soft and her presence was coincidental. Everybody was walking on hot pebbles around me since she had been gone.

"No." It was my brutal honesty and lately I had been giving lots of it.

"Don't worry Seb, we're gonna find them both. I promise."  She says as she comes and embraces me. I could never forget what it was like when you were embraced by a person who meant so much to you, especially when it was family. We had been through hard times, yet this once; Violet knew that it wasn't like the other times. I lay my head on hers with no doubt in my mind that she was the better parent.

"If we don't find them...."

"Shhhh." I felt that pang in my chest. The emotion that flooded you with anxiety and prickled at your skin.

"We've been trying to bring the kids around to you more often just as a little distraction, I'm surprised your not annoyed.."

"Uncwle!" I let go of Violet and immediately Addy jumps into my arms. A chuckle comes out between my lips and I look at her in my arms and lean my forehead against hers.

"Never." I whisper so only she can hear. She giggles and her crooked pig tails that Violet tried too hard to perfect danced around her rosy red cheeks.

"But I do need a favor." I say as I put Addy down and she runs off into the living room.

"What is it?"

"I need you here. Both you and Tristen need to keep the pack safe. No one leaves or comes out of the pack grounds. Im leaving with warriors, there are already some with you. They are stationed at the edges of the territory and the rest are coming with me and Troy. Curfew is at seven, seven twenty the latest." She nods her head frantically. "I know you just had the baby but I need Tristan's help, its just until we find them both. I promise."

"Don'y worry Seb. Do what you can, don't give up on them."

"Tell my mom and make sure to tell Tristan." I lean over and place a gentle kiss on my sisters forehead as I set out to the outskirts of territory to search for a woman who hasn't left my mind since the day we met.