I was met with eyes that looked like the sun, bright and yellow. It warmed my cold body.

"W-where am I?" I stutter, looking around. The beach.

"At the beach." He replies, smiling nervously.

"Oh, right."

"How do you feel?" He asks, his eyes filled with worry.

"I'm okay, thank-you." I say, my cheeks heating up. How embarrassing. I ignored him and he's the one who ended up saving me.

I stand up, brushing sand off my legs. Then I push myself forward, running away from the huge body of water.

I enter my car, soaking wet. I pick up my phone. 2 missed calls, 6 messages.

They were all from my mom.
~

Mom: How did therapy go today? Will you be visiting us today? Your father and I miss you so much. I hope your doing well.

1 hour ago.

~

Mom: Are you busy right now? Come visit us, before I leave for work.

50 minutes ago.

~

Mom: I called your therapist and she told me you went to the beach. I hope you're doing fine. Call me if anything happens. Stay safe.

40 minutes ago.

~

Mom: Hello?

Mom: (name), what beach did you go to?

30 minutes ago.

~

Mom: I'm really worried, please call me back.

20 minutes ago.

~

(Name): srry, I lost track of time.

Mom: I was so worried! How are you? Can I call you?

(Name): I'm fine and I'm about to drive, I'll call you later. I'll visit you when your shift is over. Love you, mom.

Mom: I love you too.

Mom: and it wasn't your fault, or anyone else's. Remember that, always.

~

I know it's not anyone's fault,

but I can't stop myself from feeling fear.

I'm so scared.

Saeyoung's POV

Just like that, she ran.

I remained, seated, in the sand.

After a few minutes, I decided it's a good idea to leave.

I walk in the burning sand, observing the people around me.

At the parking lot, something catches my eyes.

The girl who almost drowned.

She looked as if she wanted to cry and curl up into a ball.

I make my way towards her car, tapping on the driver's window.

Her eyes meet mine as she lowers down her window.

"Is there something you need?" She asks, confused.

"Nothing in particular, I just thought it'd be a great idea to drop by and say hello." I reply, forcing a smile. I always smiled for the sake of other people. I wanted others to feel the happiness I've never felt.

"Do you always fake your smile like that?" She asks, sighing. Her words took me aback. For so many years, not once has a person pointed out my fake smile.

"Rude, much?" I laugh. Her eyes fill with worry.

"Was I being rude? Sorry, what I meant was, you shouldn't smile if you don't want to." She smiles, nervously. "But it's none of my business, so forget what I said."

"I'd rather remember."

(Name)'s POV

His smile.

It's fake.

Why do you fake your smile?

"Do you always fake your smile like that?" I ask, sighing. His eyes fill with shock. He opens his mouth, only to shut it once again. A grin creeps up his face,

"Rude, much?" He laughs. His laugh, it sounds sweet and relaxing. It brought warmth into my body.

Wait, was I being rude? Ohmygod, I mush have sounded like a total bitch.

"Was I being rude? Sorry, what I meant was, you shouldn't smile if you don't want to." I smile, nervously, hoping he wasn't offended. "But it's none of my business, so forgets what I said." His eyes fill with amusement,

"I'd rather remember."

"You should smile only when you truly feel like it." I whisper, frowning. My nose tingles as I let out a huge sneeze.

"You should go home. You're soaked. You're going to get sick."

"Thank-you."

"Saeyoung."

"Thank-you, Saeyoung." I say, smiling.

"You're welcome.."

"(Name)."

"(Name)." He repeats, smiling. He hands me a card. "It has my contact information."

Saeyoung's POV

I watch as she drives off.

She might not ever message me, but a part of me hopes she does.

I don't usually tell strangers my name but I told her because I feel as if I've known her all my life,

I feel that we're connected.

Or maybe I'm just thinking too hard.

____
A/N: Part two coming up!

This update took longer than usual because I'm currently ill, and feel as if I'm on the verge of dying.

But don't worry, I may be experiencing a lot of pain, but it's nothing too serious.

Vote if you enjoyed! 💗