Chapter 16: Samuel's Descent Into Darkness

I stayed in my room, reading all the books on Cosmus the archives had. I felt bad because Shimmer and Twilight had needed the books, but I kinda... Picked up the letter that was sent to her. It felt cool to have a letter wrote by the queen and king... Sadly it just popped into my field of vision.

I shut a book and let out an angry snarl. "There's nothing left!" I teleported the book back to the library. "There has to be SOMETHING to be of..." Just then a little envelope fell out and landed on my hooves. "...use?"

I picked it up with my magic, looked at the seal. Amazingly, there was nothing there. I raised my right eyebrow. "Oh well." The sigh I made was exasperated, but who cares?

I opened it, and looked at the manuscript pages. "The descent of Cosm-" just then a very powerful spell broke through the side of the castle, and made me fly to the side of the room.

"Why hello there BOY." A deep evil voice echoed across the room as I stood to great my... Company.

"Hello Cosmus. Didn't expect you to get powerful enough to decide and take me head in again." I snickered and crouched low to charge.

"I'm not stupid enough to not bring backup." I raised an eyebrow, just as a dark purple bolt of magic blasted me in the side, sending me tumbling to the right.

"Hello once again Samuel. Remember me?" A female voice snickered as I looked upon her.

"Midnight Shimmer and Cosmus. This will be fun if I'm not interrupted." I fixed all the broken furnished, making Midnight angry again.

"STOP FIXING EVERYTHING I BRE-" I shadow walked and kicked her towards Cosmus, who set her down easily.

"Heh heh." Cosmus chuckled, earning an angry glare from Midnight.

Sparkle Shimmer, Twilight, and Star Shadow entered, probably entering to investigate the noise.

"Star Shadow, go get the other elements, please?" Twilight asked the quaking little filly.

She didn't reply, but run out as fast as her little legs could carry her, which was actually humorous.

"Samuel, looks like you've been interrupted... Heh heh, guess I'd better make this quick then..." Cosmus shot out a light blue bolt of magic at Shimmer.

'Not this time punk.' I shadow walked in front of the spell, and it wrapped itself around me, causing me to squirm and move about trying to get it off.

"Samuel! Are you alright?" I turned to Shimmer just as a loud whirring went off.

I froze and slowly turned down to the now counting down explosive spell.

"No... No no no!" Shimmer tried using her magic to rip off the goo, but Midnight tackled her down, only to be shot off by Twilight.

'I know what to do to keep Cosmus out...' Me and my spirit and souls agreed in unison, so they all left my body, but the most silent of us,the Dova, spoke one word to me.

"Goodbye." I snarled, and my coat slowly turned from black to Red, fire sprouted from my eyes, tail, and mane. Even my horn caught fire.

"RRAAAAGH!!" I roared and charged Coamus, who gave me an irritated sigh, and turned to see me charging at him.

I tackled him through the window just as the spell exploded, ripping off my back two legs, and sending a piece of shrapnel to cut up my right eye.

I landed on the ground below. I rolled over in agony and store at the on fire balcony I was on, hearing the wails of Shimmer.

"Heh heh heh. You're my puppet now Samuel. No use in resisting now..." A large pain erupted in my skull, an evil presence entered my mind trying to take over and delete my memories.

"Stop resisting, it's just make it wor-" I broke his spell and shot a powerful fire enhanced magic spell that blew him and Midnight back.

I slowly bled out on the ground below, but I used the last of my magic to send one telepathic spell.

"I'm down under the balcony, little... Well a lot of help please?" I slowly faded off to a dreamless slumber, smiling at the sounds of joyful laughter, and the retreating figures of Midnight Shimmer and Cosmus.

-Samuel the Slasher