Chapter 4: The Alicorn Remembrance

'How strange...' I snuck the book Shimmer was reading while she had slept. I knew it was wrong, but the curiosity was overpowering.

I turned a section over, and what the page title had, made my eyes widen, and my breath stop.

What the title held, was this:

The Dark Stallion

Over the many years in the kingdom of Light and Dark. There have been many rulers, all kind, but with a dark demeanor.

They made the most amazing of rulers.

Yet... A dark secret was held for all of the heirs.

They would save the one they love the most... But the cost would be significant.

The picture on the page made a vision appear in my mind...

THE PAST. 68 B.C.

"You let her be kidnapped??" I was shouting at a few black stallions in assassin cloaks as they held me back.

"My lord, calm do-" I punched the ponies holding me off, and flew off the balcony to reach my beloved.

"NIGHT STAR HELP ME!!"

They were dragging away my beloved. 'Over the dead that walk this land...'

I teleported and dragged one of the captors down into a portal of darkness, never to be seen again.

I teleported once again and grabbed two more, and threw them into the darkness.

"NIGHT STAR!!" My beloved was dragged by the last captor into the void. He gave me a triumphant look, and revealed his hood. A pitch black unicorn. "MORNING SUN!! NOOO!!"

He teleported her out, not before shooting a bolt of magic to form a spear.

It collided with my chest, I gaped for breath, and raised a hoof to the receding form of the unicorn. "My...heir will find you..." I managed to breath out before the spear disappeared and light slowly came to my eyesight. "I... Promise you... That..."

Then nothing...

CURRENT DAY EQUESTRIA.

I shut the book, and teleported it to Shimmers room. I grasped where I felt that spear went, I felt the past swim around my hoof and a dark chuckle, like I've never known before.

I put my head into my hooves. 'So that must be what the book foretold.'

I heard the hoofsteps of an approaching form, then a knock was on the door. My ears perked up, and the form entered.

"Oh... Samuel, you're up!" Shimmer was in a robe, and yawned.

I sighed, and yawned myself. "Oh, hey Shimmer. What's up?"

She smiled, and nuzzled me. "Nothing. Except for what I found in the boo-" "The lost princess of the kingdom of Light and Dark?"

She opened her mouth in shock, so I continued. "I read the book, my queen."

She looked at me and had a angry expression, but it changed to a more soft expression.

"Next time tell me, alright Samuel?" I smiled, and wrapped my wing over her side.

"I promise."

I can't tell her what I read or saw...

That's why I ripped out the page, and replaced it with a copy of one of the pages. It fits perfectly with the writing and the story.

'Please forgive me... I will find who has done that the king... Cosmus will pay.'

-Samuel the Slasher