Chapter 12: What has Cosmus done?

'This is becoming harder to handle than I thought...' I paced around my room, very angry, and very sad at what I had just put Shimmer through.

'She has to know, she deserves to know, what kind of lover am I for not trusting her?' I paced around more, while my souls were bickering, and the Dova was thinking.

I heard a loud crash, and a random burst of thunder from outside, and Shimmers room. I then heard a booming laugh.

"I am Midnight Shimmer, and I will destroy all things that cause me pain!" The very evil voice of my marefriend had said.

'Oh no...' Pestilence and the others shut up, and I ran to Shimmer's front door, Moondrop pawing away and whining at the door. I grabbed Moondrop with a wing, and he curled up into a ball into my chest, I put him in my room, and went to open Shimmers door.

What an idiotic move that was...

The door blasted back, taking me with it, and slamming us both into the wall. "Ow..." I snapped my neck back into place. "Ah, Samuel, how NICE to see you my beloved." I looked at the approaching form of Shimmer... What did Cosmus do?

She was not the Shimmer I once knew... She was darker, more evil.

"Shimme-" She picked me up and chucked me along the hallway, bursting through room after room. Thank goodness we sent the guards away.

"Once again, ow. Shimmer why are yo-" "I AM NOT SHIMMER!!" The creature snarled at me. She picked me up, and threw me through the other columns.

"Knock it off." I snarled, and blasted Midnight Shimmer with my magic, not sending her back, but just stunning her, so I could remove myself from the rubble.

I flexed my wings to remove the excess contents of the columns and walls.

"Why are you acting like this? What did Cosmus do to you?" I stepped towards Midnight, and she burst free of my spell. She tacked me, knocking out my breath. We tumbled for a bit until she threw me into the ceiling.

'Wow, almost as strong as us, Cosmus had not lost thy touch...' Famine said in my mind. Everyone snickered and I growled in fury.

I fell from the ceiling, patching up everything in the hallway, making Midnight Shimmer growl in frustration.

"Tell me..." I snarled. She lunged herself at me again, this time though, I flipped her backlegs, while moving to the side to flip her, and grab her by her throat.

"Get.Out.Of.My.Marefriends.Body..." I closed the tightness, making Shimmer come back and crying from my touch.

"Samuel... Why are you doing this?" Shimmer sobbed. I froze, giving the fake enough time to shift back and kick me down the hallway again.

"Oh, your so fun to toy with Samuel, so easy too." Midnight giggled, and used her magic to lift me up again. This time she stepped closer, close enough that we were a muzzle away from eachother.

"That's why I Like you..." Midnight smiled, showing me fangs much like mine.

I snickered. "Bravo Midnight, bravo." I shadow walked out of her grasp, making her gasp in surprise (heh heh rhyme).

"Oh, you didn't think I'd let up that easily did you?"

My disembodied voice made the confused and angered Midnight Shimmer turn and start blasting in random directions.

"Maybe I should show you a taste of real power midnight. Also... Do you like nightmares?" I chuckled manically as Midnight Shimmer started screaming and blasting around.