Chapter 6: Samuel's Denial

Shimmer went to her room to study, while I went to the archives. What I remember from the past as I actually 'inspected' what happened to Night Star.

Reading. How much I love it. (No sarcasm)

I grabbed 15 books after inspecting the titles to make sure they were the right ones.

I flipped through the pages, inspecting everything I saw, pages, titles, chapters.

I stumbled across the chapter I was looking for.

'Cosmus...' I looked at the chapter. It had a dark Alicorn with the images of Luna and Celestia, all smiling.

'This must be before he turned into the dark one...' I flipped the page, and saw another picture, rather sad.

This page held the picture of Cosmus being overpowered by a dark shadow. Celestia and Luna watching in horror as their brother was turned.

'Odd...' I rubbed my right hoof to my chin.

I flipped the page again. This page, was like the one in my vision.

Cosmus was snatching the form of Morning Sun, and the picture of him smiling down as Midnight Star was impaled and dying from the spear.

Under the picture, a text was written:

THE DOWNFALL OF A GOD.

I gritted my teeth, and almost blasted the book, but a cold wind blew, and flipped the pages over four times. Like it was meant to do that.

'My Celestia...' My eyes widened in mock horror at the picture below.

Hundreds of Alicorn warriors, earth ponies, Pegasi, unicorns, and Draconnequues. All fighting against the Dark One... Cosmus.

Thousands of dead bodies of each race littered the ground, many weapons inside them, all magic bound.

Truth be told, I'm not really surprised or revolted of this, because I'm not afraid of murder.

The text read:

THE WAR OF SHADOWS.

"Well Cosmus, looks like your past is coming to haunt you..." I snickered, and shut the book.

I inspected some others, and saw the title of a very peculiar book:

SPELLS AND INCANTATIONS OF THE DARK ONE.

I rubbed my chin, and looked at another ones title:

THE HISTORY OF THE ROYAL FAMILY.

I smiled, and opened up both books. Right before I could read the first spell though, a dark power shook through the page, and was shot into my horn. It rumbled my body, and made pain erupt from every pour of my body, causing me to close my eyes and grit my teeth.

The pain eased, I gasped for air, and opened my eyes.

There was this weird glare in the room, but I shook my head to clear the sight.

The pages were more readable, I actually had to blink about nine times to see right again.

I read the spells over and over, they had a specific... Vibe, to their powers. Like I've seen them before.

I read one in particular, and just stared at the name. Sudden familiarization in it:

SOUL TEAR.

I smiled to myself as the vision of my past once again entered my head.

SAMUEL'S MEMORIES, 200 YEARS AGO. GRYPHON KINGDOM.

"You sure you want to do this Samuel?" I walked through the room and kneeled before the king and queen of the gryphon kingdom.

"Yes my lieges. I am prepared for whatever it takes."

They nodded their heads in sad understanding.

"Then by the power invested in us... You are to have the forms of your choice, put into your soul, for eternity, and life ever more." They lifted their claws, power of unimaginable ends shot through me, and the forms of the lost Gods sent into my body and soul.

"You may now take your leave." They averted their eyes in anger, shame, and sadness as my body glowed with power. I refused to allow pain to escape.

'Though dost not know the power you beh-' 'Pestilence... Famine... War... Death... Strife... Fury... Anger... And the last Dovakhiin...' They grew silent, and my eyes shone with the ultimate power, as I bowed once more to the queen and king, and took my leave. My black and red assassin cape waving behind me.

'This is going to be amusing.' Famine chuckled inside my mind. Causing me to smiled within myself.

'Yes famine... Yes it will be.'

END FLASHBACK.

I shook my head, and pestilence entered my sight of view. His pure white suit, and Fedora made me smile. He may have a wonderful style, but he had a terribly scarred face.

"Famine. What makes ,you come out of my soul this late an evening?" I turned on my side, for a better position.

"I came to tell moi thoughts, as he are making a horrible mistake in reading about ye old geezers books."

I raised a brow in confusion, but shook my head away from the thought.

"Tell me why you're REALLY here Famine." He chuckled and moved to a nearby window.

"I came to have some fu-" "ah man, seriously?" I cringed in disgust as he laughed heartily at my reaction.

"Yes mate, guess I'll be on my merrily way, ye old punk." He walked out the door, and I heard the fast clopping of hooves, and a small shriek of laughter from a mare.

I shook my head in disgust, and went back to reading my books.

I just hope what famine says is wrong...

-Samuel the Slasher