Chapter 8: A King's Decent to Darkness

The shadow of the former brother of Cosmus... The prince and ruler of the stars.

'He aged...' Pestilence sighed in my head, and I raised a confused brow.

'What do you mean?' I replied just as Cosmus shot a bolt of black energy at Shimmer.

I teleported her onto the rafters just as it connected.

'What I mean is that he's not as powerful as he was before. Right now he can't shoot out more than 10 bolts at a time. 12 years ago he could shoot 100 at a time.' I dodged another bolt of magic as the screaming Filly Cosmus snatched, bucked him in the face.

I snickered, but Cosmus simply let out an angry snarl, and prepared to shoot a bolt of lighting straight into her.

I teleported I front of the filly, right as Shimmer shot out another energy blast.

Her blast knocked Cosmus's head sideways, and it redirected into a pillar.

Just above the head of a knee chattering mare, who soon passed out of shock.

I grabbed the filly from Cosmus's grasp, and teleported her to Shimmer. Cosmus turned angrily to me, and shot black magic into my chest, sending me flying into the ground.

My eyes were closed, and Pestilence and War were coming up with a battle tactic. "SAMUEL!!" Shimmer yelled my name, causing me to lose focus on their strategy, and dodge another blast of magic.

"I'm fine. Just get out of here!" I yelled to Shimmer, just able to deflect a magic blast.

"I am NOT leaving you Samuel!" Shimmer shot a blast of her own magic, still not doing anything, but angering Cosmus. He turned his attention to Shimmer, and shot a huge energy blast at her.

My eyes widened, and so did Shimmers. Time seemed to slow, but the filly... Star Shadow I believe?

She launched herself in front of Shimmer. Her eyes were pure white, and she screamed at the top of her lungs.

She was launched into the air, and a magic force field was sent around her and Shimmer, completely blocking Cosmus's attack, creating a blinding light in the process.

Cosmus seemed shocked, and that gave me enough time to teleport to Shimmer and Star Shadow.

Shimmer was lying next to Star Shadow, both lying motionless. I bolted to Shimmer and Star Shadows side, and checked their pulses.

'Still breathing, but in critical state.' I sighed in relief, just as a bolt of energy sent me flying into the wall.

I struggled to get up, just as another bolt connected, and another and another.

"Just. Eh. DIE!!" Cosmus shot bolt after bolt at me, until I was into the wall.

Cosmus stopped his attacks to take a breather. I gazed at Shimmer as she struggled to stand.

Cosmus noticed this, and turned to look at Shimmer.

"Ah, the prodigal daughter returns I see. Not for long." He powered up his magic, and I stared in horror as he shot the magic at Shimmer.

I called her name, but no sound was made. The magic connected, and she was sent flying into a support beam. Her body seemed to show every bit of agonizing pain when it connected.

The roof fell on top of her. I could only see her face, as she laid there.

'No...' My thoughts came to a standstill, as every soul, every last one, stared in horror as the princess of the light fell.

"NOOO!!" I screamed in anger, just as every six souls of the damned left my body. They stared in surprised anger as they watched me stand.

Here's a fun fact for you about me... The more souls that leave my body to do something, or I forcefully send them out, I become my natural strength very slowly, but if all the souls come out, my full power reigns.

I charged with lighting speed at Cosmus, he turned in wonder, right as my hoof connected with his face.

A loud boom echoed sending a shockwave that shattered every window, and sent the very unlucky Cosmus into the ground... About 50 feet under.

"YOU WILL PAY FOR YOUR SINS COSMUS!" I flew down the crater, and picked the fallen prince up by his neck.

"WITH YOUR LIFE!" I grit my teeth, and sent my hoof flying back into his face, creating another loud boom, and this time sending him into the air. I teleported him through the ceiling, and grabbed him by the throat.

"DIEEEE!!" I grabbed him with my magic, and sent him back down to the ground with enough force to practically level a mountain, yet not enough to cause any real harm... Except to Cosmus of course.

I flew down and started to catch my breath. The fallen prince simply chuckled, causing me to freeze in shock.

Cosmus got up with little to no difficulty, and stared at me.

"You've become stronger little one..." He opened up a black portal and started stepping into it.

"But not strong enough..." He disappeared, and I stood in shock at his words.

I shook my head, and realized something. "SHIMMER!!"

I teleported to the pile, and saw 15 fire ponies pulling Shimmer from the wreckage.

I flew over to the form of Shimmer. She smiled at me weakly, and I nuzzled her. She passed out a second later.

"Will she be alright?" I asked one of the doctors treating Shimmer.

"Yes, she'll be fine, all she need is to rest up. Alicorns heal faster than anypony." The doctor patted my back, and walked down the hallway. Leaving me with the souls of the damned.

"She'll be fine Samuel. Trust me, Death already told us she'll live." I turned to Death, and he nodded.

"All we can do now is wait." War said, I sighed in frustration, and sat down.

'Please make it Shimmer...' The Dova sat next to me and nodded his head in understanding.

'Im nothing without you...' I put my head down, and waited.

-Samuel The Slasher