Bring you back to me

Cassidy's POV

Ever felt like you're in an endless dream where everything is heavy and dark? Because I have. I am right now in fact. My eyes were shut tightly. My body tense, sweat dripping from my forehead. My lungs feel on fire, but yet slowly colliding to the heavy ground. My insides burn, though I feel my hands so cold.

"Alex!! No please, please. Alex!!" I woke up screaming at the top of my lungs. Doctors rushing in and so did my parents. I came back from my state not long ago, but I managed to fall back asleep. When I woke up at first everything was somehow different. There was someone missing but I couldn't seem to put my finger on it. My parents didn't say anything afraid they would alarm my body and thoughts.

"Cassidy baby wake up!" A woman's voice was faint. But how could I wake up? I was there when it happened. I saw it happen. I saw how Rydelle shred her heart, how Alex fell lifeless to the floor. My thoughts sledgehammering my skull. My heart almost falling from my ribcage.

"We don't belong here." Were her words, but she did belong here. By my side. She had a safe home why did she have to leave me?

"Cassie honey open your eyes please!" My dad, I could recognize that voice anywhere. Warm tears were running down my cheeks. My breath was heavy. With a slap I opened my eyes terrified. There I saw my sister Molly looking distraught.

"She's gone Molly, she left me." It was a moment of hysteria, the love of my life was gone.

"Cassie what are you talking about? It was all just a nightmare. We are all okay." I couldn't stop crying. Not really. Her arms trying to keep me together.

"Where is she Molly? Where is Alex?" I asked still not able to breathe properly.

"She went away for some business thing with her mother." Her words just proved to me that this was real. Alex wouldn't leave me in this state unless it was something like the war.

Everything was real.

The doctor came rushing in. Talking some things I couldn't comprehend.

"She's having a panick attack, sedate her." He ordered the nurse beside him. The ceiling was spinning or maybe it was just my head.

"Please don't, I need to talk to Jules." I rushed out, but it was too late. They had already injected the sedation.

***

"Have I told you how amazing you are?" She whispered while looking at me. Her bright smile making my butterflies fly freely. I've always loved her dimple.

"I think you have told me about seven times already." I replied with a chuckle. It was peaceful. Lying down on the soft grass looking at the clouds while she played with strands of my hair.

"I am so in love with you Cassidy Scott. Don't you ever forget." I met her eyes. Her amazing green eyes seeing a light in them like one I've never seen before.

"I'll never forget Alexandra Halsey." With that said, her soft lips connected with mine. It was not a rushed kiss but a gentle one. Letting me feel all the love that burns within her.

***

Opening my eyes was becoming a dissapointment. I felt numb. The only way to escape was by sleeping. Days seem endless and meaningless. I haven't heard anything from Alexandra or her family. It's been over a month. I was even back at school. Catching up on everything so I could actually pass my senior year. Penelope was no longer in school. I wonder why, something terrible did happen. Marcus wasn't back nor Mark. Jamie didn't know anything when I asked and Clover seems just as out of it as me considering she doesn't know where Bria is.