Something about you

Cassidy's POV

Practice was rough as usual, our coach is very strict when it comes to our games and rules. He wants everything done perfectly. A mistake can cost us a game. Not to mention Jamie has been off lately. Her moves are not the cleanest, by far Jamie is one of the best players our team has, yet her mind has been else where. She seems to be forgetting her importance, being leader requires more effort than the rest. The girls look up to her and she is only distracting them. Maybe she has deeper issues, but she should at least talk to someone about them. As captain it's my job to give her a warning, since the coach gave me a warning because her lack of effort.

Perhaps with Alex it will be much easier. So I decided that I should tell her tomorrow when Alex is present. I know Jamie doesn't trust me, but she and Alex are like sisters. I am counting that she will at least tell her what's been going on.

The school by now was totally empty, maybe some girls of the softball team are still around but I highly doubt so. I was actually waiting on Alex, she is taking longer than usual which worries me. The image of her hands tight around my neck still haunts me. It was an unforgettable experience. Seeing her like that makes me wonder many things. Of course Alex wouldn't hurt me on purpose, but this side of her took over, it was a dark side, one that could make you have nightmares for days. Maybe she is not in control like she claims to be. Her heart is as gentle as a ball of cotton candy, but I know she is also filled with rage for everything that has occured. Making that cotton candy a venomous one. Trying to understand her is like trying to understand a puzzle with four million pieces. It takes time, too much patience even. But with Alexandra everything in my life changed. She made me understand what's truly important in life, she is a true warrior, in every aspect of the word. She gives meaning to my life. It may sound like I depend on her, but I believe every single couple that is truly in love feels the exact same way. There is a unique comfort in that person, a comfort that makes you feel at home. Alex is like my tank of oxygen under the water. I never thought that I would feel this strongly for someone. The beautiful part is that I know she also needs me just as much.

Not all of my fears come from what I saw in her in the hospital. I am also afraid because she is the only one who can truly hurt me. I gave her that privilege the night I told her I love her.

As I was a finished getting fully changed, I unlocked my phone to read a new message.

-It's Bria, Alex is not feeling well. Jules demanded to see her. I made sure she got home safely. She asked me to apologize on her behalf, she also told me that she will make it up to you-

Worry taking over me, I quickly dialed her. When she answered her voice was heavy, full of tiredness, to be honest I don't know how she keeps up with everything.

-Hey babe, Bria told me what happened, how are you feeling now?-

-I'm just really tired, my body kind of shut down. I will be okay, nothing a good nap can't fix and later I have to see Jules.-

-Please try to rest, you're putting too much weight on your shoulders. Give me a call later if you want me to pass by and bring you some food.-

-When you put it that way it makes it almost Impossible to decline. I will make my chat with Jules quick. I really want to just watch something good on netflix with you by my side.-

-Perfect, do you want Chinese?-

-Chinese sounds great. Well I have to take that nap now, I love you Cassidy Scott.-

-I love you Alexandra Halsey.- 

I was going by the gym area when I heard loud hard music which makes me wonder who is still out here. It was most definitely a girl considering the band is In this moment. I know because Alex likes them.