Tales of horror

Mark's POV

We came to find Alex in Cassidy's backyard. Thanks to Bria actually. She was there looking at her figure, without thinking much about it, I tackled her to the ground which made her cry in pain. My eyes scanned her body, finding a really big cut on her rib area. Also, her snout. Slowly we all began to shift back into our human form since the effect of the full moon was passing. I knew that Alex was going to scream in pain, not wanting to alert the neighbors or Cassidy herself I quickly picked her up. We still had energy to shift back and so we did, but this time not by the full moon but ourselves. Raven and Bria ran ahead while I located Alex on my back. She was whimpering holding tightly to my fur. I could feel her warm blood dripping only making me run faster to the cabin. She needs to get the wound attended.

It is still of great shock to know that Alex broke the chains. Marcus must be questioning himself a lot, even myself. The pack will be just the same as confused as me. How will Marcus explain this?

As I got to the cabin, quickly through the mind link I contacted our doctor Clarice. In a brief moment she was in front of me telling me to place Alex in a nearby bed. I did and she quickly called her husband for help as well. I left the room because the space is needed and in my wolf form, I occupy too much space.

Already dressed and in human form I jogged to the alleys where Alex was before everything.

"There is a problem, a huge one actually, I need you to come as soon as possible". Marcus was on the phone with someone.

"Handle it, and keep it on the low, no one else needs to know about this". Said the other voice on the other line. A female voice. Marcus crushed his phone throwing it hard on the ground. His eyes glowing red in anger.

"Who was that father?" I dared to ask. His eyes met mine making me step back a little. He closed his eyes and rubbed his temple. "No one, how is Alexandra?" His eyes a dark brown color again.

"She has a terrible cut on her left rib cage and one on her face." He just nodded. "That was one impressive fight, she dismembered them as if she has been trained to do that all her life".

"Father, what about the chains?"

"I need to talk to her about that,... no one needs to know, not yet. Just say that in the struggle the rogues broke them." That confused me, why would he want us to lie about it. I was just about to ask why when Kylie came running.

"Marcus, it's better if you take a look at this". He gave her a quizzical look, but obliged. When we reached the destination where Alex broke free my entire body went rigid as the view in front of us made us stiff.

"They are turning back to humans". I whispered.

Alex's POV

Slowly my eyes begun to open, but even that felt as if it weighted a ton. The pain in my rib cage was beginning to feel bearable by now. The room only had a dim light and the curtains were dancing in sync with the night's cold air. I could hear people talking downstairs and pretty much all over the place. I tried to move, but it sting, giving up I just laid my head on the soft white pillow. Even though the weather is good for a wolf right now, my body is sweating. I wanted to reach for my phone, my eyes scanned the whole room. Finally, I saw it in an ottoman. Taking a lung full of air I got up.

It had four missed calls and two messages. Two of the calls were from my dad and the other two were from Cassidy. Guess I'll just have to ring them tomorrow.

Looking out the window the small rays of the sun were beginning to show through the peaceful horizon. Last night events came crashing like a tidal wave. A gasp escaped my lips and my eyes winded. The door opened, but I was too paralyzed to even move a muscle.