Guilt and regrets

Song for this chapter is called, what it is by Kodaline. It is amazing and emotional, which fits well. Happy reading guys.

Alex's POV

Everything was a blur after I howled...

Flashback

"What are those things!" I can't think straight. Not when her life is at risk. I had a hold of her arm firmly.

"Back then I told you about the creatures that wanted me dead, well now they are back." I was so out of it, how could I put her in such danger? In a brisk I was in my full wolf form with her on my back running as fast as a lightning bolt. I couldn't even see straight, all I was focused was on the noises behind me. I could also hear all the pack wolves running my way. As I was getting closer to them, a rogue hit me from my left, making me feel like I was hit by a car. I was sent flying, yelping in pain, but it didn't compare to Cassidy's. Ignoring my own pain, quickly I was back on foot. Without putting much thought into it, my long strong canines dug into the rogue's neck. I pulled with all my strength making gushes of thick dark blood come out. In brief second what felt like hundreds of rogues were surrounding me, hit after hit after hit. I kept on fighting with everything I had left. What was scaring me was that I no longer could hear Cassidy.

Anger was my fuel, killing as much as I could. On the process of killing I felt a blow to my rib cage, knocking all the air I had left. The pain was unbearable, my hearing was no longer clear same as my vision. Was I losing blood? Everything after that went dark.

End of flashback

"Where's Cassidy, I need to see her!"

"Calm down Alexandra you're losing a lot of blood."

"Please I just need to see her!!"

"She's being attended, Kristen took care of her... get me the anesthetics she needs to be asleep."

"Don't put me to sleep, they will come back."

"Honey it's alright I'm here, they won't hurt you."

"Mom..."

*****

The beeping sound of the machine next to me has started to annoy me. It's the only sound in this room. My eyes began to open ever so slowly, it feels like I have two bricks attach to them. My head feels like it's about to explode.

"Alex? Can you hear me?"

"Kristen?" Her voice still sounded a little faint. I must have received a hard blow to the head.

"It's okay, you're in the pack house. The doctor took care of your wounds. You should be okay by tomorrow considering your strong genetics."

"Where's Cassidy?" My voice was hoarse, my throat felt really dry.

"Here." She said before I felt a plastic cup make contact with my lips. The cool water felt amazing. Calming the small flames in my throat and chest. She was still avoiding eye contact, that could never be good. My heart quickly started hammering against my chest. Everything inside me felt tense.

"Kristen where is Cassidy?" I asked, with whole more attitude. Not really knowing from where I was getting the strength considering my awful state.

"Alex... I tried everything, I really did. She hit her head pretty hard, losing all conciousness. Her vitals are stable, but she is not awake... Alex she's in a coma."

Have you ever felt your soul leave your body? Leaving you empty, cold and afraid? Like nothing makes sense, feeling lost in your own self? That's what I was feeling right now. As every purpose had just abandoned my body. Every goal, every happy memory. It all vanished as those cold words escaped her lips. I caused all of this. She got hurt because of me. I couldn't defend her.