Chapter 11

(Cato's POV)

Oh god. Glimmer is REALLY starting to get on my nerves. Ever since she first laid eyes on me, she's been sticking to me like Velcro. And even worse, Clove seems really jealous. I would give anything to kill Glimmer straight away in the arena. But since she is unfortunately a fellow career tribute, I have to show mercy until a certain point. If anything ever happens to our pack, she's the one I'm gonna ditch first. Why can't she like Marvel - he's nuts about her!

Glimmer is at the bow and arrow station, clearly missing the target, Marvel is throwing a spear, Clove is at the knife throwing station and I'm yet again slashing dummies with swords. I can see a boy, Peeta Mellark I think his name is, and he's stuck in a net. I really want to help him, but I can't. I'm a career. My job is to laugh at him. So when Glimmer and Marvel laugh at him, me and Clove join in. And it doesn't feel good. He eventually falls, and it looks like he might have hurt his back. Katniss comes over to him and whispers something to him, but I'm not sure what. Then he walks over to the weights, and tosses one a very long way. It takes everything in me not to applause him. I could never do that. I am strong, but not that kind of strong.

Clove seems to be hitting every target in knife throwing. I'm not surprised. She never misses. And Glimmer does.