Prologue

Long ago, there lived 2 neighboring and rival realms – the vampire realm and the devil realm. Both realms were ruled by kings and queens. Lord Nesta is the King of the Devils, and Lord Maksis is the King of the Vampires. Lord Maksis fell in love with a human named Sabine Cheng, and together, they gave birth to a baby girl.

In over 600 years, the daughter became the 1st human child born with royal Vampire blood, and within her laid the grimoire. Lord Maksis took Sabine and their child to the Vampire realm so they all could be together. With the power of the grimoire, Lord Maksis' daughter had the power and strength to rule not only the vampire world, but earth and the devil world as well.

One day, Lord Maksis was killed at the hands of Lord Nesta, but not without placing a spell on his throne. The only way to remove the spell is with the power of the forbidden grimoire. As long as the grimoire was nowhere to be found, no one could take Lord Maksis' throne. When Sabine found out about Maksis' death and what slumbered inside her daughter's body, she took her daughter and went into hiding. Today, Sabine and her daughter own and run a bakery.

To this day, no one knows where the forbidden grimoire is, but one thing they do know is that the Dupain-Cheng family is the key to finding it. Little did Sabine's daughter know was that she was in for an adventure of a lifetime in not only finding answers to what the vampires and devils want with her, but also what happened to her father.

According to tale, the Vampire King, Lord Maksis, and his wife, Sabine, named their daughter Marinette Dupain-Cheng.