06

𝐦𝐚𝐢𝐝
𝘤𝘩𝘢𝘱𝘵𝘦𝘳 𝘴𝘪𝘹 | "𝗶'𝗹𝗹 𝘀𝗲𝗲 𝘆𝗼𝘂 𝘀𝗼𝗼𝗻, 𝗹𝗼."
⋆ ⋆ ⋆

Well shit. Her eyes scanned the cover of the magazine carefully, making sure to look at the overall package. Clarice had brought the magazine with her when she came over this morning. Logan had called her after she left, telling Clarice that the magazine was still placed on the coffee table and she must've forgotten to bring it back home. 'That's exactly what I was supposed to do' was Clarice's answer.

It was as if Clarice was trying to get Logan to get infatuated with her boss, and Logan knew it was mainly because her best friend didn't really like Collin. Like at all. If Clarice had to choose by losing a few fingers or spending the day with Collin, she would've chosen for the first option without any second thoughts.

And so, by leaving the magazine and asking and telling things about Luke, Clarice hoped it would slowly push Logan into Luke's open and welcoming arms.

Logan kept the magazine tightly clutched between her fingers, eyes focused on the picture taken of Luke.

It was a super simple one, but the great lighting was making the picture look phenomenal. His bright eyes were almost looking back at her, his slightly curly hair brushing his forehead. His hands were clasped together as he sat on a simple white chair, leaning his body forward to come closer to the camera.

Handsome and intelligent; perfect man!

She sighed at the words in bright blue, confirming how they were true although she wouldn't say that out loud.

Luke had been on her mind so incredibly much that it started to get scary. Scary it was, because how did he manage to sweep in and just seemed to make every thought about Collin disappear?

She honestly felt ashamed. Luke was only her boss and Collin was her boyfriend. Although he didn't really seem like one. Logan could understand the fact that he had to work much as an intern at a hospital, but he barely seemed to be home anymore. He was distancing himself from Logan while he didn't even notice.

Logan's eyes darted up from the magazine to the peonies standing on the table since last week. They weren't as pretty as before, but they still managed to look some sort of nice and Logan refused to throw them away after only two days, when Collin told her the flowers were already rotting.

She rolled her eyes at the thought and how Collin had been acting since she told him -for the thousandth time- she didn't feel like trying for any babies soon. He was childish, arrogant and highly annoying whenever he was at home, and Logan had to keep herself together to not yell at him.

Grabbing her phone from the table, she put down the magazine after looking at it one more time, her thumb scrolling through the few people she was texting.

Her eyes stopped at the name she was searching for, her thumb pressing the screen to open the conversation. Hastily thinking about just locking her phone again and sit by herself, she started typing anyways.

To Luke: time for a coffee? 😬

With nervous hands, she put her phone in her back pocket, walking upstairs to get dressed. Even if Luke wasn't available for a coffee, she would just do some shopping by herself.

After she pulled on a black oversized and cropped shirt, her phone dinged from her back pocket and she quickly and skillfully fished it out.

From Luke: I will always make time for you, Logan. 😉

Her heart skipped a beat at the words, and she found it ridiculous she was getting so excited about getting some coffee with her boss.

To Luke: alright, wanna meet at Lindsey's in ten?

Brushing her hair quickly, she decided to just leave it down and straight. It was just a coffee, not a fancy dinner or anything that was related to a nice dress or fancy hair styles.

From Luke: sure, anythings fine with me! I'll see you soon, Lo.

She smiled at the small nickname he had given her and although it wasn't the first time someone called her Lo, she felt a tingly feeling in her stomach. Maybe because he was finally warming up to her instead of being a cold hearted asshole.

She slipped on her white Nikes and grabbed her leather jacket before gripping her wallet and keys and heading out.

After a drive that took about seven minutes, Logan managed to find a parking spot and headed herself inside. When she pushed the door open, she was immediately greeted with the smell of vanilla muffins and coffee beans. It was a heavenly combination.

Her eyes searched for a tall blonde, and once she found him, she froze in her spot. He was looking fucking hot.

With a simple black shirt, matching jeans and shoes, he managed to send her the casual vibe. The snapback on his head was something else though, as it was bringing out some sort of fratboy vibe while pushing the curls out of his face.

Logan giggled at her thoughts, walking over towards the table he was sitting on, scrolling through his phone. Through her Instagram to be precise.

She awkwardly cleared her throat and smiled once he looked up, locking his phone immediately. "Oh hey, I didn't know you were here already."

He stood up smoothly, his tall frame slightly towering over hers before he engulfed her in a tight hug. It took her by surprise, but she found herself at ease once his arms snaked around her waist, it only lasting for about five seconds before he let her go once again.

"So, tell me why you were suddenly interested in getting a coffee with me when you were trying to get out of it only a few days ago?" Luke asked her with a confident smirk on his face, ticking his head to the side to look at her.

Fuck, he knew?

"It wasn't like that," She mumbled, playing with the small ring on her middle finger, trying to avoid looking at the guy in front of her.

"You can be honest with me," He started, "I mean, I know I can be a little intimidating sometimes and I don't mind the fact you wanted to wait to get a coffee with me."

"So, do you want to tell me why now was a good time, Lo?" Logan had to smile at the nickname, but began sighing softly when she noticed he was waiting for the truth.

"I felt alone. I'm so sorry for bothering you, but I just didn't really wanted to be alone today." She sighed, rubbing her temples before she finally dared to look up at Luke.

She guessed he was laughing at her, but instead, he softly smiled and shook his head, "Don't you ever apologize for wanting anyone's company, Lo. I'm glad you chose me to be yours today."