05

𝐦𝐚𝐢𝐝
𝘤𝘩𝘢𝘱𝘵𝘦𝘳 𝘧𝘪𝘷𝘦 | "𝗶'𝗺 𝘀𝗼𝗿𝗿𝘆."
⋆ ⋆ ⋆

With nervous hands she cleaned the counter top, knowing that once she was done and told Luke this, he was going to dress himself so they were able to go get some coffee somewhere in town.

And so, Logan carefully and slowly wiped the counter, trying to get it spotless while trying to take her time.

All she was able to think about was why. Why would Luke want to get some coffee with her? Employees and bosses shouldn't be doing that? Or should they? Logan wasn't really aware what he was planning to do anyway. Maybe it was just a simple gesture to thank her for her work.

Sighing, the girl walked upstairs after letting the lukewarm water rush down the drain and putting the cloths in the washing machine.

She was so dreading this moment. Logan must've been standing in front of the closed door for about a minute or three before she found herself knocking, now not able to escape the coffee hang out by making up a lame excuse, trying to talk herself out of going out with her boss.

"Yes?" Luke's voice sounded muffled from the other side of the door, and it made Logan's heartbeat stop once she found out he was at home.

She secretly hoped he was at work, doing his finance stuff in a calm setting instead of sitting in his office at home, where a twenty four year old was singing along with The Weeknd and old fetus One Direction songs.

"Uh, I'm done for today," Logan murmured, looking down at her feet after she opened the door and peaked her head around.

"That's great, Logan," Luke spoke up enthusiastically, although she was able to find some sadness behind the happy tone as well. Was he disappointed with her work?

"Is something wrong?" She found herself asking, letting go of the doorknob and pushing the door open wide.

Luke's eyes were still focused on the screen of his laptop, the crystal blue irises darting upwards once he saw Logan shifting her weight from one foot to another.

"I'm in so much trouble if I don't finish this today," He mumbled, rubbing his temples furiously in the hope the words typed themselves, disappointed when he saw they didn't and he got sucked back into reality. "I'm really sorry Logan, but I have to cancel our appointment today."

He didn't know how much relief Logan felt at that point, and she was trying so hard not to show him that. Although she was glad the appointment got canceled by the boss himself, she was also a tad sad. It would've been the right time to get to know Luke slightly more, because all she really knew was that he was a well known man with a handsome face and that all the females wouldn't mind to sit down with him. Or sit down on him, but that's something different.

"That's fine Luke, I understand," She smiled softly, getting ahold of the doorknob again, ready to close the door behind her when he spoke up.

"I'll make it up to you, I promise," Was all he said, with a smile, before he furiously let his fingers type away once again, hoping that he would finish right before the deadline.

Being home alone was sort of relaxing to Logan. Living together with Collin was something she liked because of the warmth and the feeling of being home was also a bonus, but once he got to work and Logan was left by herself, she found her comfort in just reading a book or sketching anything that came to mind.