19: The First Sign

The Earth rumbled. The first sign of the Devil.

The two siblings looked at each other. Straight faces, but deep down fear was bubbling inside them.

"Let's go." Kaija said.

Jungkook nodded. And they left the warehouse, in which they'd been contacting other Demons to help them. A few had accepted.

~

Mina was still at the two Demons' apartment, with Jin. She'd been making him lunch when the shake had occurred.

"Mina." Jin's eyes widened as she turned around.

"He's here."

Mina nodded, and walked off to Kaija's room, after turning off the oven, Jin going to Jungkook's.

Approximately five minutes later, they came out, wearing fake wings, to temporarily disguise them.

"Ready?"

Mina nodded as she held his hand. They were best friends. Nothing else. He smiled as they left the apartment, patiently waiting out in the corridor.

~

Soon enough, the elevator doors opened in unison, revealing two beautiful Demons, wings spread, slightly filling the small space in the lift.

Jin and Mina walked in, with no particular emotion visible on their faces.

They knew what to do.

"Remember, Hades can only attack you if he knows you're scared. He can see your thoughts. Don't think about being scared, and don't show any feeling, he won't be able to hurt you."  Was what Jungkook had said to Mina. She believed he was right, so that's exactly what she did. She'd explained the plan to Jin afterwards.

Mina and Jin both nodded.

"Mortals have no chance against Hades. Or Demons in fact. They don't just hurt you physically, they control your minds. They can make you think the opposite of your belief. It's terrible that they have the power to do it all, but they can. Just fight against it with happy thoughts, with good memories. They can't stand light, or positivity. They've been in the dark pits of Hell for too long." Was what Kaija said. Once again, Mina was positive with this plan. 

"I'm nervous."

"Don't let him see through you, Mina." Jungkook said facing her. He looked quite majestic from this angle, she thought.

"I believe in you." and he smiled. The only time he would be smiling in the next couple of days.

~

"Where is he now?" Kaija asked, Jungkook once again resting his joint index and middle finger on his temple.

"He's- here."