Ch.21

Jake sat in his room at the Crocker building and dialed Jack's number. It's the final day.

"Well well well if it isn't Jacob...tell me have you made a decision?"

"I have....however I need you to meet me in the forest and be ready some form of vampire hunting gear..."

"Oh? You have peaked my interest, very well I look forward to our meeting," he says with a laugh and hangs up.

Jake takes in a breath and stands he turns to see Jane.

"Are you sure about this?" She asks.

"I'm sure....."

"Alright...."

"Go ahead and release one fot he vampires," he says without hesitation. She nods and runs off quickly. Jake presses a hand to his ear pressing a communication button. "Roxy..you ready?"

"Yep just let go of he button and the cameras and sounds will be restored. Good thing we called for a maintenance check! Go on jakey!" He nods and let's go as the cameras and audio begin to work. He leaves the room and heads out on his own to the forest on his bike. He slipped training. He skipped lessons. He skipped everything and be ause of that they will suspect something. He turns and sees the fast movement of the vampire that was released. However, it's claws were covered with a bit of blood.

'Jane...!' he turns back around keeps going as the vampire gives chase.

"Come on come on!" He shouts to himself.

The alarms in the Crocker sound at high volume as hunters gather to chase down the beast.

"Level one Rank B has been released! I repeat level one Rank B has been released!" A voice shouts over the intercom. "Medical attention to Ms. Crocker who has been injured. Immediate medical attention needed!" Motorcycles begin to make their way down the road giving chase after Jake and the vampire. Jake quickens his pace on his bicycle and keeps going.

'I won't be able to make it!'

"Jake!" A voice shouts in his ear as a red motorcycle happens to ride up beside him. He looks over and sees Dave on it with a helmet. He nods. Jake nods back and breathes in. He jumps and lands right on the seat as he holds onto Dave.

"You completely saved my hide Dave thanks a great lot!"

"No problem! But we have to make this quick!"

"Got it!" He pulls out his pistol and attempts to shoot the vampire, but purposely misses. Dave takes a sharp turn as the vampire falls behind. Dave pulls up the forest entrance and stops as Jake jumps off with a green helmet and his pistol in hand. Dave drives off and calls to the others.

"Bros and Gals we are in position,"

"Roger that David!" Roxy shouts with a smile.

"Understood," Rose says.

"Got it!" Jade and john shout.

"Bro...got it," Dirk says as he rides through town in his truck. Jake runs into the forest as the vampire continues to chase him. He steps back slowly with his pistol just as a single tap to his shoulder startles him. He turns pointing his pistol to Jack.

"Calm it down English," he says with a chuckle. The vampire charges at the two so suddenly. Jake ducks as it tackles Jack. A single gun shot goes off leaving it's echo behind. Jake stands up slowly as Jack throws the body aside. "Is this why you told me to have my gear?"

"The only way for you to have this robe is to get it from me by forcing me...the other forces will come...and if they see us fighting they won't interfere and they won't try to harm the robe either. This robe is important to them. So it makes it more believable if you best me to get it,"

"My my quite the Gamble....and its rather lovely...hahahaha!" He lunges without warning and kicks Jake's chest sending flying into a tree. Jake gasps and feels the robe slide a bit down his shoulders. He coughs and stands wiping his lips. He dodges Jack's next attack and rolls along the ground breathing heavily. He pulls his pistol and shoots Jack grazing his shoulder and cheek. Jack pulls a dagger and throws it as it impales his hand making him drop the pistol. Jake cringes and pulls out his other pistol as he shoots Jack's hand, and jumps back. The other hunters soon catch up; And right on time they arrive to see Jake being held by his neck and the robe being held tightly in Jack's other bloody hand. He laughs and turnd to the hunters.

"HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA! This is my show now!!!! Jack is back!!!!! And i will create a world of my own!!!!! Bow down fools!!!!!" He shouts tightening his grip on Jake who gasps as he tosses him aside. He tries to breathe, but out of fear and panic his asthma suddenly acts up. He coughs and holds himself up as Jack jumps into a tree and runs away disappearing within the smoke of a smoke bomb he implanted. The hunters stand there in awe and fear.  Jake heaves and collapses unable to breathe as his name is all he hears before losing consciousness.

In the hideout below, Roxy, Rose, and Dirk stand in silence.

"Jake...?" Diek calls quietly. "Jake!"

"Dirk calm down!" Roxy cries.

"The others can not hear him..."

"I have jake..." Jane says quietly. "And i made sure to removes his communicating equipment before they took him on a stretcher...."

"What happened?"

"Jack beat up Jake....pretty badly just as the others arrived. And with the fear Jake's asthma...completely reacted and went out of control..."

"Is he alright?!" Dirk shouts.

"Yes....he was given medicine...he's in the hospital and will be released with in days possibly a week or so...if you want to visit you can..."

"Thanks Janey.." roxy says.

"The plan worked...but at a heavy price...and that was jake...and our identities..." Rose says.

"Now we wait...." Dirk says.

"Now we wait..." Rose says as she looks over the footage taken by a hunters camera on their clothing.