Ch.22

It feels very empty, and simplistic. It's dark. It's just quiet. No sound. No motions. No where to go. Nothing to see. His hands unable to be viewed as well as his whole body. He could not see anything but black. But as he stared forward he noticed a flash of light before him. He slowly walks forward and reaches out wishing to grab onto the flash of light that was leading him out of the dark.

"Who's there?!"

"Jake!" A voice shouts.

Jake's eyes slowly open up to a white ceiling hovering over his head. His vision a bit blurred, but not so much that he couldn't see that his hand was completely raised up high and was being held by another hand. His eyes glance over to see a familiar face. He puts on his glasses with his other hand and blinks. It was Dirk that sat there with his hand gently clasped around his.

"Jake...thank God..." He says bowing his head in relief. Jake slowly sits up and looks at him.

"Dirk..W..where are we?"

"The hospital...do you remember what happened?" He asks. Jake thinks for a moment and flinched as the images pass by his eyes in a flash. "The robe....that's right..."

"Yeah...Jane has been busy since you were unconscious....apparently you're no longer the head person of the hunter group anymore...."

"Im not?"

"No...neither is Jane...for the time being we dont know who is being put in charge..."

"Damn...." He says quietly and and lays back down against the pillow.

"Atleast you won't need ro worry about all those responsibility things anymore right?"

"That's true....now i can spend more time with you and the others..." He says with a smile. Dirk nods and holds his hand to his lips with slight blush as he kisses his knuckles. Jake blushes brightly and smiles. The two are no longer separated by the stress that laid before them. But a new form of stress began to build. And soon it would affect them all. Not just their group, but possibly the whole town, state, and possibly the country.

Two weeks later

Jake sits in his room and stretches just as Dirk lays against him with his back against his waist and his head against his chest.

"So have you decided what to do for Halloween yet? Trick or treat? Party? Or just horror movie marathon?"

"I'm not too sure..after everything that happened I dont think I want to be outside. But I would like to be with everyone...so i suopose a Halloween party will have to do,"

"Sweet, and we have new friends from another school to add too,"

"Yes, so this should be a wonderful party to attend!" Jake shouts with determination. Dirk chuckles and places a hand to his cheek. Jake smiles and nuzzles his cheek against his hand. Dirk strokes his cheek smiling just as he pulls his head down and kisses him. Jake kisses him back and lightly runs his hands through his blonde locks as Dirk's tongue glides along his own. Jake pulls away and stares at him with a heavy breath. Dirk sits up and sits against the wall pulling Jake onto his lap and wrapping his arms around his waist. Jake blushes and leans closer to his face.

"Jakey! Dirky!!! Want to head out?!" Roxy shouts just as she bursts into the room but pauses as she notices their position. Dirk and jake blush madly as she continues to stare. "U..uh...d..dont mind me..j.just continue....."

"Roxy!" Dirk shouts.

"Eeeeep! Sorry for disrupting the Frick!" She cries as she runs down the stairs.

"What the fuck are you yelling about?" Another voice says.

"Karkst please be respectful of where we are currently," a female voice says.

"Kanaya it is alright," rose says.

"Well thanks for coming you guys, and ignore the two boys upstairs about to Frick. But hey what matters is that you guys are now apart of our team and when things get tough, we are going to need you fellow people " Dave says to the group of teens that stand before them. They all nod in agreement with his statement as Jake and Dirk hurry down the stairs to see what the ruckus was all about.

"Hey guys meet our new crew members!" Roxy shouts.

"Intros from left to right," Dave starts, "Karkat Vantas, ex hunter, Kanaya Maryam purebred vampire,  Equius the tech and mechanic human guy, nepeta the cat loving clawing shipping human, tavros the animal loving human that animals just love, Sollux our hacking techno nerd ex hunter, Eridan the spoiled prince and ex hunter, Feferi the fish loving human and ex hunter and Vriska and Terezi, partners in crime who can interrogate people easily, ex-hunters,"

"W..whao...." Jake says.

"Jake you're the leader here, and we are right behind you," Dave says.

"R.. right..." He stands straight and tall.

"Everyone i hope you're ready to make big sacrifices...once the holidays are over, news of the Crocker very being back up will be released. Also, the head of their company will be announced, and their announcement of the existence of vampires will come to light. Around this time things will change. And people will swarm in chaos. Jack will be powerful enough to return and could kill us all. We need to be prepared for whatever happens. Meanwhile, before media grabs the public's attention. We have to grab it first and persuade them to not see all vampires as enemies....is that clear?" Everyone nods and in their eyes were the looks of determined people willing to escape the hell awaiting them by becoming apart of what may or may not have led to it. It was now or never to decide.....are they ready to lay their lives down and die?