Ch.1

Jake sighs as he sits in his seat with his head resting on his hand. He was on a private jet and was heading to the United States for the first time to experience more of the world and also to start hunting a very well known creature. Vampires. He was an adventurer and although he enjoys it, he is truly upset due to being unable to care for his grandmother and sister.

"I really hope they will be okay," he says.

"Don't worry Jake. They'll be fine," he turns to his friend and also family member Jane Crocker. She was the heir to the Crocker franchise.

"I am not quite sure Jane...I honestly am feeling quite down....I'm excited to see the United States, but I'm not sure about leaving my grandmother alone..."

"It's okay I understand," she says. The jet by the way belongs to the Crocker family.

"What exactly is America like Jane? You live there right?"

"Of course, and well let's just say that America is very different from what you're used to," she says.

"Is that so? So there's no beasts, forests, or pumpkins everywhere?"

"Not exactly Jake hoo hoo hoo," she smiles, "it all depends on where you live. Up on the northern states, there are large city buildings, streets, bridges,and vehicles. There are businesses everywhere. Down in the south there aren't many large buildings unless you count the cities in each state. I cant explain it that well mainly do to the fact that I have only lived in Washington. And i never really got placed around the whole section of the cities..."

"Odd..why not?"

"I've been in training, but even afterward they never let me go out,"

"That's...quite odd....." he said. As soon as he arrived to the Crocker's main building, Jake took a quick look around and noticed how different it was compared to his island. People everywhere and buildings as well.

"Gadzooks...it's going to take me a while to get used to this..." he says to himself unaware that Jane had stood beside him.

"Yeah this is my first time seeing the city. The Jet came to my home and picked me up, before we reached your island,"

"Really?"

"Yeah! My father was hesitant to let me go, but he allowed it,"

"Good man your dad, I have spoken to him on few occasions. Apparently my grandma and your grandpa were close relatives,"

"Yes they were," she says with a smile.

The two are led inside by men wearing suits and are led out to the bottom floor. And to jake it was all too much. So many large crowds. So many voices and smaller spaces. If he was going to live here he was going to have to adjust and fast.

"We'll be taking you to the not so heavily populated sides of the town, this is mainly just down town apparently,"

"Really? And how are the other areas?" Jake asks.

"Better than these areas, I can tell how uncomfortable you are right now,"

"H..how so?"

"Your legs are up to your chest and you're practically curled into s ball," she states. Jake looks down at himself and sighs. Things were going to be different and he was unsure as to how he would be able to adjust. He stares out the window just as the car stops at a red light. He looks over at the stores, and notices a figure in the ally. He sits up quickly and keeps his eyes locked onto the figure. It was hunched over and it's hand was clutching it's stomach. The figure slowly walks out looking around. It was young male about the age of seventeen. The same as him. He keeps staring as if time had stopped. He notices the young male wearing pointy shades, and a black tang top with an orange hat on it, black pants, and his haired was blonde and spiked. He work leather black fingerless gloves and converses sneakers.

'Whao is that?' he wonders. 'Seems like the ol' chap is really ill,'

The young man stands straight wiping his lip where a bit of drool was. He coughs a bit and looks over to the car before the ally and notices another male figure watching him closely. However, with his shades on he couldn't see clearly at all adding to the fact that he was fairly dizzy. He blinks and when he does the window is rolled down.

Jake rolls the window down to breathe a bit easier, but also to mainly look at the young male.

Both boys stared at each other. Even though Jake couldn't see his eyes, he was sure that their eyes were practically locked onto each other. But as he was going to call out to see if he was alright, the car moves along as the light goes green.

'Who was that?' was the only sentence that could possibly form in their minds.