Chapter Sixteen

Toby's P.O.V

"Goodbye." Grace says, as I slowly let her hand go before climbing into the car.

"Bye, I'll call you when we land." I say, as I shut the door. She comes up and leans on the door, peaking her head through the open window.

"I'll miss you guys, even though it's only a week."

"We'll miss you too." My brothers say in unison.

"Ready?" Riley asks, starting the car. I look at Connor as he nods, then back to Grace.

"Yep." I then say. She smiles at me, then leans forward and kisses my cheek just as Riley says something to Connor about the plane ride. I frown playfully and she rolls her eyes while smiling. "Please?" I ask, with my sugnature puppy dog eyes, which I know get her every time.

"No." She says dragging out the vowel. I frown once again.

"Toby, you know she doesn't do PDA." Connor says.

"Shut up." I say, leaning back in my seat and placing my right foot on the dashboard.

"Bye guys." Grace says, laughing. She backs up and I roll up the window. Riley slowly presses the gas and we roll forward. Driving along the road, we stick our hands through the moonroof and wave goodbye. I look at the window and see her waving back.

Grace's P.O.V

The car strolls off down the street and disappears along the horizon. As soon as I turn around, Matt comes outside and walks over to me.

"What's up?" he asks.

"Nothing, just going back to the McDonough's. How are you?" I ask as walk towards the house.

"Pretty good. Bored, but good." He says laughing as he follows.

"Well, you wanna hang out for a bit? I have to take Tank and Captain out for a walk. You could come if you want."

"Sure." He says. We walk into the house and get the leashes out of the coat closet. We attach them to the dogs collars, then walk out the door. "So... how have you and Toby been?"

"Oh, he told you? I thought only family knew. But anyways, pretty good I guess. He left for LA to record some songs."

"And you didn't go?" He asks.

"Someone had to take care of the house, and these little monsters of course." I say, leaning down and petting the dogs heads.

"Oh, I just thought you'd go with him. You went on your with him after all."

"Yeah, but he needs space. He needs time with his brothers and friends."

"I guess so."

A/N: guys I'm so sorry for the super short chapter, but where I want the next chapter to take place, I need it to be a separate one. I'll try to work on it today, maybe get it posted before Christmas. I'll try my hardest.

I hope you all enjoy. Love you. <3