Chapter Four

••Grace's P.O.V••

"So what do you want to do today?" Matt asks as I close the door to my house.

"Doesn't matter." I say sipping my Starbucks. "How about we... hmm." I open the garage door and look around at what we can do. "Let's skateboard! I haven't been able to since before I fractured my ankle, that's like a month and a half ago." he laughs.

"Okay." I walk over to the corner and grab two skateboards then give one to Matt. We walk down the driveway and onto the road after I close the garage door. We place the boards down and step on them. I roll about a meter then lose my balance and fall off. Matt flies past me and laughs as he watches me fall repeatedly.

"Stop laughing! I can't do this anymore!" I cross my arms and pout at him.

"Alright, alright. I'll help you." he hops off his board then walks over to me. I stand on the board and push myself slowly. He stands in front of me and watches the ground to make sure I don't fall. As I'm about to fall backwards I grab his shoulder and he grabs my arm. I look down at him as he looks at me. "Just go slow until you get the hang of it." he says then puts his hand on my hip and moves me forward. He walks beside me and it's going okay until I hit a rock and fall forward. I fall onto Matt and he catches me, I quickly realize his arms are around my waist as mine are wrapped around his neck. I release then clear my throat.

"Well, uh... let's try the again, yeah?" I ask getting back on my board.

"Yeah." he grabs both my hands and intertwines our fingers then pulls me forward. I laugh as he starts to go faster. His black hair shining in the sunlight and green eyes glowing in the shade. Hopefullly today will take my mond off Toby.

                                                              ••Toby's P.O.V••

I look out my bedroom window and the first thing I see is Grace and Matt skateboarding. Instead of them on separate boards, Matt has her hands in his and is dragging her along. I can't help but feel a pang of jealously strike through me when I focus in on their entwined hands. He then wraps his arms around her waist and picks her up off the board and spins her around while they're both laughing. Wishing that was me I stand and watch them for another minute.

"What are you doing Toby?" Connor asks from my doorway. As soon as I hear his voice I turn around quickly.

"Oh, uh... nothing." He laughs.

"Yeah right." He walks over beside me and looks out the window onto the empty street then sees Matt and Grace fooling around on the sidewalk. "So you're spying on Grace?"

"Pfft, no. I'm not spying on them. I was uh, just watching... um seeing how the weather was." I say sitting down on my bed then grabbing a notepad and pen from my beside table. I look down at it so he can't see my face.

"Toby, I've known you your whole life, I know when you're lying. Plus Orlando has the same weather everyday, it's either raining or sunny, there's no inbetween. Now why were you watching them?" he asks sitting beside me.

"I-I don't know. I guess I just... I don't know." I sigh scribbling down random things.

"Come on dude, you have to know. You're just not telling me, I know it." he leans forward on his knees and looks right at me.

"I still like her." I mumble barely audible.

"Toby if you want me to help, I need to know what you're saying."

"I said I like her." I throw the pen and paper on the bed behind me then bury my head in my hands.

"Dude, why did you say you didn't then!?" he asks shaking me.

"Because I couldn't tell if she felt the same or not!" I fall back onto my bed not bothering to remove my hands.

"Well you'll never know. She may have felt something, and you don't know the truth."

"She said she didn't feel anything, so technically I do know." I remover my hands from my face and look over at him.

"She could've lied. You said you didn't before she did, with her hearing that, could've made her say no."

"Well. I'm not going to know now. She's with Matt."

"You just have to tell her, you won't know how she feels until she knows how you feel." he gets up and walks out of my room, leaving me there to think about what he's said. I can't tell Grace how I feel until I have a slight idea about her, I don't know what I'm going to do until then.

A/N: yeah, short chapter I know. but I couldn't think of anything else to write. So yeah... vote, comment, share, follow whatever pleases you! Enjoy! quack :$ BYEE