Chapter Two

••Grace's P.O.V••

After last night, I don't know how I feel about Toby. I definitely like him, but in that way? I still can't decide if I really like him as more then a friend or if I was just caught in the moment at the dance. It seems like we have mutual feelings for each other, but do either of us know what that feeling is? I lazily crawl out of bed to change. I grab an orange and white striped shirt, white shorts that go down to my knees and some orange TOMS. After I change clothes I grab some beaded leather bracelets and some earrings. (outfit on the side) When I go downstairs I see a note on the counter, probably from mom.

Grace,

I got called into work early today, I'm also working over time tonight, so you'll probably be sleeping when I get home. I put Toby's jacket in the dryer because it was still dripping this morning. It will probably be done by the time you read this, have a great day.

Mom :)

"Of course." I say to myself. I grab an apple from the fridge as well as a glass of orange juice. When I finish I go downstairs to get Toby's jacket, then leave the house after grabbing my phone and some money. Locking the door after me, I walk across the street to the McDonough's. I knock on the door then immediately hear footsteps coming. Connor opens the door then steps aside to let me in.

"Everyone's in the living room." He says, I nod. When I get there I sit beside Toby.

"Can I talk to you later?" We ask in unison, we laugh after we say it.

"Yeah." I say.

"Let's go into the kitchen, mom and dad are out." he says then stands up. "We'll be in the kitchen." he says then we leave.

                                                     ••Connor's P.O.V••

"What do you think they're doing?" Thomas asks.

"I don't know." I say as Riley gets up and stands against the wall that leads to the kitchen, the rest of us follow but don't say anything as we listen to what they're saying.

"About last night," Toby starts.

"I don't know if I feel that way about you, I might've just been caught in the moment. I'm not sure yet, but then again I don't really know what it feels like to like someone in that way." Grace says sighing.

"I agree."

"Well what do we do now?"

"Go back to the way things were before tour started and see what happens." Toby replies simply.

"Okay." she agrees.

"Oh no. Now way!" Riley says suddenly as he bursts into the kitchen. We follow behind him as Grace and Toby look surprised.

"Were you guys eavesdropping?" Toby asks.

"Pfft, no." Braiden says as he tries to play off that we weren't doing anything.

"Yes we were." Thomas says.

"Anyways," Riley starts. "Why are you guys giving up so soon? You've had one date."

"Yeah... and that one date felt like we were just hanging out, there was nothing special about it." Grace says leaning against the counter.

"That's because nothing happened on that date." I say suddenly joining into the conversation.

"Lots of things happened, we ate dinner, went to Starbucks, then it started pouring and we ran home. That's stuff." Toby says.