Chapter Eleven

••Grace's P.O.V••

"Are you sure?" I ask Toby.

"Grace, I'm positive. You are not staying in an apartment in Orlando alone." He says grabbing my bags and shoving them in that car.

"I know you don't want me to. But don't you think Connor and Riley would get sick of me living with you guys? Won't you get sick of me?" I ask grabbing my back pack and slinging the strap over my shoulder.

"They'll just have to live with it. I could never get sick of you." He closes the trunk of the CRV then turns to me. "Trust me, they're fine with it." He smiles then walks to the back seat of the car.

"But what about your parents? You can't just come home and say, 'Grace is coming to live with us because her parents left her.'"

"Grace, I asked them already, they said it was fine. My mom wanted to fly out here and help you but I told her we could handle it." He opens the door and waits for me to get in.

"But-"

"No. Sit down, in there, now." He says sternly while pointing into the vehicle. I sigh then get in and crawl across to the other side. He gets in behind me then shuts the door. "Right guys?"

"What's that?" Riley asks looming up from his phone.

"You guys are fine with Grace moving in with us." He repeats.

"Definitely! It'll be like a sleepover everyday!" Connor exclaims.

"We basically already have sleepovers everyday." I say.

"But that's just you and Toby, now Connor and I are in on the action!" Riley jumps in his seat and claps.

I roll my eyes then speak, "What action?"

"Your My Little Pony marathons, duh." Connor says before winking.

"You guys weren't suppose to find out about that!" Toby exclaims. We all laugh then Riley starts the car.

"You sure you got everything?" Connor asks. I look back at the house, sigh then nod.

"Yeah." We pull out of the driveway and drive down the road in silence, the radio being the only thing making noises. With nobody speaking, gives me time to think. I think about everything that's happened in the past few days, my father returning, my parents leaving, and me moving in with the McDonough's. I didn't realize my knee was rapidly shaking up and down as tears slowly escape my eyes until Toby out his hand over mine. I look over at him and he gives me a sympathetic smile. For some reason, seeing him smile makes me break down even more.

"Can we pull over for a minute, Ri?" Toby asks. I feel the car slowly pull to the side if the road and Toby opens the door, pulling me out with him. He closes the door and pulls me into a hug, wrapping his arms around my shoulders and rubbing my back. "Shhhh, Grace stop crying. It's okay."