Chapter Five

••Grace's P.O.V••

"You're kidding me right?" I ask my mother in disbelief.

"I'm sorry honey." she says sincerely.

"No, no, no, no, no, no, no, no. No!" Tears start gathering in my eyes as I take in all the information I was just told.

"Yes, honey. It's true." I run up the stairs and slam my door shut before falling onto my bed and letting my tears soak within the sheets underneath.

"Sweetie." my mom says knocking on the door.

"Go away." I say still crying. She doesn't try to bother me again so I lay on my bed for another minute before I pick up my phone and dial the only person I want to talk to at this moment.

                                                            ••Toby's P.O.V••

I'm sitting on the couch with my brothers, Braiden and Thomas when I see my phone light up. I pick it up to see that Grace is calling, I stand up and answer the phone while walking towards the stairs but still in the room.

"Hey Grace, what's up?" I ask.

"T-T-To-Tob-Toby c-can you come o-over?" she asks her voice shaking.

"Grace, what's wrong?" I ask worriedly. The guys turn towards me with questioning looks.

"J-just come o-over and I-I'll ex-explain."

"I'll be over in a minute." I say hanging up and running towards the front door.

"Toby what's going on?" Riley calls after me but I don't answer. I run across the street and into Grace's house, luckily the door wasn't locked. I run up to her room, but I'm greeted with a closed door. I knock repeatedly until Grace answers. She looks up and as she realized it's me she throws herself at me and continues to sob.

"Grace, what's wrong." I ask wrapping my arms around her.

"I-I-I-" she starts.

"It's okay, breathe." She takes a couple deep breathes and wipes her eyes. I grab her hand and guide her over to her bed, we sit on the side and she turns to face me.

"I don't know how to say this." she says, her eyes watering up again.

"Take your time." I say rubbing her thigh. she takes a deep breath then speaks.

"I-I'm moving." she chokes out.

"You're being serious?" I ask shocked, she nods slowly not making eye contact. "When?" I ask quietly.

"About a week." she whispers.

"Why?" I ask after a long silence.

"Something about a sick relative, not being able to take care of themselves. I zoned out after my mom told me." she says, a tear rolling down her face. I pull her into a hug and let her cry into my chest, running my fingers over her hair to calm her down.

"Is it out of Florida or will you still be here?" I ask quietly.

"Pittsburgh." she mumbles, still sobbing. Taking in all the information, I lay her down on her bed then cover her with a blanket.

"You should rest now, we'll talk about this in the morning." I say brushing the hair out of her face.

"Can you stay with me? Just for tonight?" she asks as I'm about to leave her room. I turn around and smile.

"Sure." I grab a pair of basketball shorts from my drawer in her dresser the go to the bathroom to change. When I finish I quickly text Connor to tell him I'm staying the night then walk back into Grace's room. I notice she's already sleeping so I sneak into the bed beside her then shut off the lamp on the bed side table. I feel her shift under the covers as she moves closer to me and rests her head on my arm, I instantly feel a tear drop roll down my forearm as she sniffles. I pull her closer to me and whisper in her ear. "It'll be okay."

A/N: yeah another short chapter, but I updated twice today. I love seeing your feedback so be sure to comment! I will take suggestions on what to add, fix, write less of, etc...

ALSO! I'm kinda lonely sometimes and would love to chat... info in my bio. :) enjoy! Byee. <3